Food 'on the go'

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LooBee
    on

Hello everyone! I’m starting the eating plan (yes, I’m trying not to call it a diet) and I wonder if people can suggest things that are good to have for breakfast and lunch. Both of these meals are likely to be ‘on the run’ and I certainly won’t be able to cook lunch due to the nature of my work. Ideally, I need to be able to take something with me that I can eat at work or take out with me if I have to dash out and deal with something urgent…which will be the case more often than not!

Please help! I don’t want to fall at the first hurdle. Thanks in advance x

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Use the search box at the top of the page and recipe tab.

Easiest breakfast is full fat yoghurt with added berries (I use frozen as value for money). You could also add Chia seeds, nuts.
    Cold hard boiled eggs (do them the night before)
    1/2 an Avacado
    Coffee with some double cream
    Or just don’t have any, lots of us don’t eat breakfast.

Salads and soups are always easy to prepare and take.
    Cottage cheese mixed with tuna (I use 1/2 a 200g tub of cheese and 1/2 a tin of tuna)
    All sorts of raw veggies are good, Imogen, like broccoli cut up small and asparagus, snow pease and mange tout as well as or instead of the usual suspects.
    You can make “sandwiches” using lettuce leaves, Little Gem are good for this
    Breakfast muffins are good for breakfast or lunch, just make them and freeze until needed.

Really whatever you want that is low carb, med protein, high is fat. The trick, especially in the beginning, is planning. If you have the book which is a good read you will get more ideas and the background of this way of eating.

Best wishes for attaining your goals

Please log in or register to post a reply.