Five weeks in….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MalhamCoveCouple
    on

Hi, here are our stats after two and (update) five weeks on the diet
    Him:
    2 weeks – Lost over 8 lbs and 1.5″ on the waist
    5 weeks – Lost over 17 lbs and 2.5″ on the waist – BMI down from 29.5 to 27
    Me:
    2 weeks – Lost over 10 lbs and 3″ on the waist
    5 weeks – Lost over 16 lbs and 4″ on the waist – BMI down from almost 29 to 26.5
    It looks like I’ve settled at 2lbs loss a week, and him at 3lbs loss – we’re happy with this! The fat is melting from our middles, especially his – he’s losing that middle-age ‘pot’.
    I’ll be looking for a ‘group challenge’ from 1st October if there’s one going? I think I will need to repeat Fast800 to get closer to target.
    MyFitnessPal shows I am eating around 975 calories a day, with carbs around 75g a day. All my meals at home are from the Blood Sugar Diet book, the extra calories (over the 800) are milk in lattes , an occasional 25g snack of nuts if I’m hungry, and sometimes half a square of dark chocolate after dinner. My partner usually has a more substantial salad/pulses/tuna lunch at work, fruit snacks, and some wine or Coors lite over the week. He did take some mixed fruit and nut to work for snacks, but cleared a 500g bag in three days so he’s stopped that lol
    We’ve found some meals we can have at our local Brewers Fayre – the Chicken and Bacon Salad, and the Ranch Steak with vegetables. One thing we are missing is bread/potatoes to mop up sauces.

• posted by MalhamCoveCouple
    on

I forgot to say that I also told my GP – he was really supportive, particularly as diabetes runs in the family. He’s offered me an “MOT” when I’m happy with my initial weight loss, to include HBA1C, Cholesterol and so on. I just need to book with the practice nurse. That will give me a baseline for the future. He suggested waiting a bit for the HBA1C as it takes three months for markers to clear – so taking it too early would give a mixed picture.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you guys are going great guns! Those are impressive results and it’s good to see you are enthusiastic about continuing the process. It’s wonderful that you have your GP’s support – all too often this is not the case. There are always weekly and monthly challenges running, so just join one of the threads for support and encouragement and an exchange of knowledge and experience. You’ll get a warm welcome for sure.

Best wishes to you both for continued success ….

Please log in or register to post a reply.