First week weight loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by annieh
    on

So I started last Monday 3rd and have been following to the letter. I weighed in today and I’ve lost 4lb – which is good but feels low compared to others’ first week losses. Could my time of the month have had an impact? I was expecting a bigger loss. I’ve got 4 stone to lose!

• posted by shalimar
    on

annieh :HUGS …
    4 pounds is great
    You don’t have as much to loose as many …. it’s usually more of a loss if you have a LOT to loose
    Your period might well have something to do with that .. if you usually retain water then
    If you had plenty of salt you might not have lost as much water … because water loss accounts for much of the first week

Did you count carbs as well as calories … most people here try to keep around 50 g of carbs per day or less (especially if they hit a plateau they usually try and decrease carbs or other strategies)

Are you counting everything? Even cream/milk in coffee.

Even vegetables and salad greens have carbs and calories

It’s difficult to know exactly what is happening …. AND your body and its ways is specific to you … it’s not really wise to compare weight loss with other people …. as we are ALL different.

4 pounds in a week is pretty darn great!!!

• posted by annieh
    on

Thank you shalimar! I know I should be grateful. I guess it’s just that I have lost more feasting on carbs on Slimming World in the past. I’m not going down that road ever again though. I’m going to take the positives, which are I’m feeling full of energy, I’m not hungry on the 800 cals have no cravings for sweets stuff whatsoever – and I’m weirdly cold all the time which means I can wear a snuggly cardy and not boil to death 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.