First day complete!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by peonypetal
    on

First day done!

Ending the day on 770 cals – I haven’t focused on the low carb/med diet approach quite yet as I just want to adjust to the lower calories… but today I had:

Small portion of veggie Stirfry with brown rice and x1 egg
    Small oat milk coffee
    Large bowl of broccoli, spinach and peas with a little Parmesan and lemon
    X1 quorn fillet

So not terrible actually but I do intend to focus more on what I eat not just how much. But the thing is, I actually tend to eat quite healthily day to day and always have plenty of vegetables albeit not quite enough protein (vegetarian). The part where I gain weight is binging on the weekend and snacking. I’m hoping I can get out of this habit and move forward… does anyone else suffer with this habit? Or know if there’s a thread I can find on the topic?

Thank you and yay for the first day being on plan!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi peonypetal,

If you tackle the carbs in your diet first, the getting snacking and hunger will come under control all on its own. – Its carbs that cause the cravings to eat. – As a fellow vegi, can I also recommend that you have a look into the role / benefits of supplementing your diet with l-carnitine. Its very important in the bodies abilities to access your fat, but the principle source in our diet is meat, and the next 8 out of the top 10 sources are all off the menu if you are eating low carb. – It certainly has made a difference for me.

• posted by peonypetal
    on

Hi JGwen,

Thanks for responding 🙂

That’s interesting that fewer carbs cuts cravings! I need to buy the BSD book so I can have a proper understanding of this all as I still don’t quite understand what a carb even is. I always think of carbs purely as wheat and refined sugar but I think there’s more to it than that.

Thank you for he suggestin of L-cartinine! I will definitely look into that, I am currently taking b12 and iron supplements but I can’t say I feel a huge difference so I think I will see my doctor once back from holiday and get some tests done.

Please log in or register to post a reply.