Feeling Loooowwww

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tippytwo
    on

Hello, I just thought I would share this with you, as someone who has felt the same may be able to advise me. I am the third week into my diet lost 11 lbs so far. I am sticking rigidly to the menu planner in the book – come what may and trying everything out, but this week I have absolutely hated some of the menus, so much so I feel like crying – actually crying because for lunch today, I have courgette ribbons, raspberries and I couldn’t face the sweaty feta cheese this morning so threw it in the bin and added a few pine nuts instead. I don’t think I can carry on with the planned menus any more as it is making me feel sick. Should I pick out what I think I like and count up the calories ? dunno what to do as I feel I should add variety, please help.

• posted by IonaJ
    on

Hello
    I would definitely try to find things you like and count calories – just try to find things that are on the recommended list of ‘good’ foods? But then, I guess so long as you stick to the 800/day you can eat what you like? I’ve only really just started (though have done the 5:2 in the past) and I am just making it up as I go along and picking foods I like.

It’s definitely better you choose your own foods rather than be put off so much that you give up?

GOOD LUCK!
    Iona x
    Ps – 11lbs is FANTASTIC!

• posted by Tippytwo
    on

Thanks Iona – what page is the list of good foods on in the book – do you know or is it on this web site. I don’t really have a problem with the food on the menus – it’s more the combinations of some of them lol. So I think this week I will finish off what I have bought for the week 3 menu as I hate waste and re-plan my menu for week 4 using the recommended food types. It’s a struggle for sure this week.

• posted by IonaJ
    on

My book is at home, unfortunately, and my Kindle won’t help you, lol, but there is a section in there that talks about the kind of foods that are good to eat – nuts (obvs watch the cals!), leafy green veg, lentils, pulses, beans, that kind of thing, and what to avoid (white rice, pasta, bread etc). I guess it’s just a learning curve, looking at all different foods and finding out what’s good and taking it from there. I’ll try to remember to look at the book when I get home after work and message you again! If you use My Fitness Pal, it should help you with the cals and nutritional info too, making it a bit easier.

Hope the rest of the week isn’t too ‘painful’ (know what you mean about waste!)

I x

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Tippytwo
    there is a much greater variety of menus in the menu section of the site and in the “what have you eaten today” thread.
    All tried and tested by BSDer’s so there should be something in there that you like.
    If you go your own way remember to keep track of the carbs as well as calories

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi,

I am on week 3 – so not a veteran of the diet. I read through the book, checked out the menu plan, looked through the recipe section… then chose my own 800 calorie, low carb menu. Works for me – I enjoy my food, have lost weight and blood sugars are lower! It is much easier to follow if you choose meals that you enjoy!! Keep going.

Imogen

• posted by Tippytwo
    on

Hiya thanks all for your help, I am going to spend some time writing my new menus up, I was interested Bill1954 how can I track my carbs, is there a limit on how many low carbs I can have a day or how many I should include. Any help and advise would be gratefully received.

• posted by hawke
    on

Just pick your own meals and use an app to track things. I use easy diet diary and that tells me how many calories I’ve eaten per day as well as carbs etc.

You will need to have a basic idea of nutrition but you will pick that up quite quickly as you go along. No point making yourself cry over this way of eating – it wont be sustainable long term! I eat the lovely things I like (avo, feta, sardines, cheese, veggies) and ignore the ones I don’t (celery!).

• posted by neohdiver
    on

Tippytwo,

Many people choose to count carbs, but it isn’t part of the BSD. If you want to count carbs, you can use an online nutrition database to help you count. I use myfitnesspal, but there are a number of different options.

• posted by Tippytwo
    on

Hi Neohdiver – thanks for the advice, and also everyone else, it is appreciated.

I have now written up my preferred menus, just got to calorie count them now, but I won’t do the carbs also then, as I could end up making it a full time job, which I haven’t got time for.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi Tippytwo,
    I’ve been BSD-ing for a while now. Initially, I was keen to try out some of the foodstuffs mentioned like coconut flour/oil/milk but after a while I found I couldn’t face them. There was something about the smell of the oil/milk cooking in the pan (I was making a Thai-style curry) that I found unappealing and it put me off. However, I’ve recently given the flour & oil another go (I don’t want to waste them) and I seem to be OK with them now. Don’t know what was going on! But don’t try and eat things that don’t appeal to you – you’ve got to enjoy what you are eating. Good luck with your chosen menus!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Tippytwo — ugh, me too. I quickly lost interest in any recipe and food started looking so boring so, I switched to very simple meals — meat and vegetables for lunch and dinner (lots of dark leafy greens with garlic and more garlic), a couple of macadamia nuts for snack and usually cheese and coffee with heavy cream for breakfast. I also added a minuscule pour of wine at dinner (1oz but it made me feel less deprived). I stopped trying to eat anything with bread, or a “pretend” bread or baked. I am on week 10 and it has worked brilliantly. Hang in there — find YOUR sweet spot.

Please log in or register to post a reply.