Fast800 diet starting out?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by IKeeptrying
    on

Hi hope you can advise me.
    I’m wondering if the fast 800 will suit me, as I’m not diabetic although I do seem to be quite sensitive to sugar – it can affect my sleep and I tend to get hyper or energy slumps. I’m 67, 5ft 7 and 13 stone and am fairly healthy apart from Ibs and reflux – I more or less follow the cleverguts approach and this has helped my Ibs etc enormously

I’ve a tendency to follow diets for about a month then react against them and rebound. In the last two years I’ve tried weightwatchers and and a low Carb high fat diet and got really constipated and gave them up, the upshot is that I’m still overweight, no surprise there! I need a long term plan that I can make part of my life. I worry that my mum has Alzheimer’s and even though all the evidence I’ve seen says it’s not hereditary, I worry I’ll end up with it

I’ve quickly checked out rhe website http://www.thefast800 site and am wondering whether to sign up for the 12 week programme – have any of you signed up? Is it good? Is it worth it?

Ps I’m getting over a bad dose of that horrible cough and cold virus, I’m in my 4th week and am wondering when would be the best time to start this fast800? Should I get on with it soonish or wait a bit longer?
    Thanks

• posted by Squidge
    on

Although obviously designed with diabetics in mind, you don’t need to be one to follow the BSD and benefit from it. I and many others on this forum, aren’t diabetic.

One really good aspect of this diet is unlike most others which seem to get harder to follow once the initial burst of enthusiasm wears off, this one gets easier as you adjust to the new way of eating.

• posted by IKeeptrying
    on

Thanks squidge. I’m looking forwards to starting it

Please log in or register to post a reply.