Fast 800 only on Weekdays??

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Losingitinlumbfoot
    on

Hi all. So I’ve had a lot of success doing fast 800 in the past losing 2 stones in aproximately 5 months last year. I’ve now regained some of this weight back unfortunately after a stressful few months and so decided to restart the fast 800 this week. I have a big event in October to motivate me but with it being the summer holidays I’m finding the weekends tricky to stick rigidly to 800 calories (friends barbecues, days out with the kids, camping, weekends away, visiting family etc). My question is do you think it’s ok to do Fast800 Monday to Friday then make sensible choices on a weekend? Surely this is better than doing 5:2 (800 cals twice a week and 5 days eating normally) as I would be doing more a 2:5 (800 cals 5 times a week and 2 days eating normally)? I’m just worried it’s going to slow down my progress, as I know that if you just stick to 800 cals x 7 days a week the weight falls off so quickly. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Losingit,
    There are others here a lot more expert than I, but your thinking looks perfectly logical to me. A 2:5 sits between full on Fast 800 and 5:2, so it follows that you are likely to get better results than with 5:2, and slightly slower than full on BSD. If you are more likely to stick with 2:5 than full on BSD, then that looks like the best approach for you. You might find it more effective to ease up on the calories rather than the carbohydrates at the weekend, since more carbs could get you craving during the week. But at the end of the day, you need to find the way of eating that fits your lifestyle as well as delivering the health benefits. Good luck!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi losingit…. Obviously it will slow you down but I note you say you will eat ‘in moderation’ at the weekend. Sometimes it is just better to do something that suits your lifestyle and is sustainable for your long term losses. Honestly, the full 800 does start to slow down quite quickly at around weeks 3 or 4 and people get disheartened and jack it in. Better to have a bit of a break than give it up altogether. Let us know how you are getting on.

Please log in or register to post a reply.