Fabulously Frugal February

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by shoegirl
    on

Thank you LouiseK and articfox, great advice and I’m hoping to get that “woosh” next weekend;) What is the difference between rye bread and a good quality grain bread? I haven’t explored the carb count of each so I’m intrigued. I know that MM recommends rye in the Fast800 so I presumed a good quality grain (thinly sliced!) would be a good alternative. Would it be a big enough difference to sabotage my WOE or not?
    1 week left! I’m hoping to see some positive posts, even if others have been a bit up and down as I have. I keep reminding myself to take it slowly and keep focused on the health benfits I’m experiencing. Have a great week everyone.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi shoegirl, I don’t know if there would be a difference for you between rye and other grains. I only know that I tested a variety of wheat breads, including some with sunflower seeds and flax in and some forms of sourdough, while I had my month with a continuous glucose monitor, and they all caused a big spike and crash (I’m reactive hypoglycemic, not diabetic), but the rye bread did not. My sugars still went up a bit with the rye, but not anywhere near the scale it did for wheat bread. That could be just individual to me though. All of them are quite high in carbs, which is why I only have the odd slice here and there to add a bit of extra variety to my diet, rather than viewing it as a staple.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone and well done to all our “losers”! Whether you are seeing movement on the scales, or clothes are feeling looser, that’s great news. As we’re all aware – and some friends here such as JGwen are great at reminding us – it’s not just about the numbers, but also about other positive body changes.

How is everyone else doing? For me it’s been a bit of a long dreary month. I confess I’ve not done well in terms of losing any more weight or flab but at least have maintained which I’m pleased about. I’ve been feeling pretty lethargic and feel I need another reboot. Am away from Wednesday until the first weekend in March so will give it another go from then. I know that when I stick to plan I do lose weight – but tend to get distracted far too easily. But will keep plodding along!

On which point, would someone else be willing to set up the March thread – assuming we want one – as I will be away for the next couple of weeks. I do want to stay with it so will jump back on board as of Monday 9th March X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I put a couple of links to podcasts up on the take a look at this thread today. – I think the longer podcast will be helpful for those who are returners. While the first focuses on a point that explains an issue that is relevant for those of us who struggle with over doing the calories from coffee with cream. (I hold my hand up to that one.)

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Not doing great this month- two steps forward end three steps backwards. My weight has been up and down and not where I want to be at all. It’s 8 weeks to my holiday so that gives me time to get comfortable in my clothes. I tried on my white jeans yesterday and they’re tight! I am going to try them on every week and hope that they will soon feel loose and comfortable. I don’t want to buy bigger clothes. I don’t know why I am struggling. I think work stress doesn’t help. I have now had both big toes and my shoulder injected with a steroid so I am hoping that I will now be able to do some walking in order to get the fat moving. I am still motivated to get into my summer clothes. I will keep on trying and hope that March will be a little more positive results wise.

Dreamscometrue- sounds like we have had a similar February experience. It’s hard isn’t it to keep going and not to seeing progress. I am more than happy to set up the March thread and will do that on Saturday for anyone who wants to continue on the journey or join in with us. I had hoped that I’d be back at goal for my retirement on 27th March but that isn’t going to happen so keep on keeping on! I’ll try my best to get as near to 145 as I can by the end of February which was my goal for frugal February but sadly I know I am going to be disappointed.

To all the losers, well done! I desperately want to be a loser in March. I’ve obviously not been frugal enough in February.

Please can we have some March title suggestions and I’ll set up the new thread on Saturday,

My Plan: MUST TRY HARDER.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi Cathy that would be great if you could set up our March thread. I’ll definitely be there! This will probably be my last post for a while as am sorting out various domestic things today then off on holiday tomorrow. But will be back the first full weekend in March.

I had a nice surprise this morning though: am down to just over 142lb which I had put as my interim target for February (after realising I wasn’t going to make my original 140). So it’s heading in the right direction.

So look forward to continuing our journey in March and hope that others will join too. Can’t immediately think of any catchy names – Moderate March?, Marvellous March?, Making it through March? – but I’m sure you’ll come up with something to keep us going 🙂

Well done everyone who has been on this thread this month: do post your stories on here and I will catch up in a couple of weeks X

on

DCT- 142 is awesome. Well done on that achievement, I have had two good days so far this week – those tight white size 12 jeans are inspiring me to shed some fat! They be swishing round by the time my holiday comes and that is a fact! I’ll brace myself for Fridays weight and hope it will be near to 147. I wanted 145 but I saw 150 last week so I need to work hard! It’s my brothers 50th birthday on Thursday so I might cheat and weigh in on Thursday morning.

Have a lovely holiday and see you soon on the March thread.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys,

Just reporting on progress. I decided to try a change this month. I was allowing myself a single item in each weekly shop that would take me out of ketosis. I noticed on the keto facebook groups I joined that there were frequently images of people who where not counting calories but their before and after photos showed a dramatic body composition while I was stuck on a plateau. So I decided to try to stay in ketosis all the time.

Its not been easy, I find myself noticing the slim people in the queues as supermarket checkouts who have carbs in their trolley and feel that its not fair. But it is obviously having a positive benefit. Today I put on some trousers that I haven’t worn for a couple of months and I could see the slack in the way they hang on my legs. Just no noticeable change in the spare tyre, as usual my body is deciding its own priorities on where to make the changes.

I don’t know what the impact will be on the scales. The battery is flat on my scales and I haven’t got round to taking the cover off and checking on the size so that I can buy a replacement.

• posted by Denise susan
    on

Hi Guys
    I have returned from my epic adventure having visited everything I set out to do even if the last 2 weeks were insane!! I had been very good and had been Vegan and Plant-based for several weeks of my trip and had felt as if I had changed my shape and even lost a few pounds!!
    The truth is now I have returned that everyone says I am so much smaller!! (Obviously, remember me as a fat person!!) The truth is on the scales I am about the same but my clothes are slightly looser!!
    Since my return life has been very hectic and my food choices have not been good which means I am up a couple of pounds not helped by the many social events that are all around food and not helpful – 2 sessions of afternoon teas!! Sandwiches and cakes!! Pancake party, birthday cake!! I would usually have said no but decided I would accept all and start again on the 1st March.
    I think I am going to go plant-based and try that for a month and see what happens, I will not go silly with the carbs but will get rid of the dairy & eggs and see where that leads.
    Well done to everyone and I am so happy to see March as my traditional weight increase months are nearly over and that this year is going to be the year I get down to my target or even below!!
    Take care everyone lets keep chipping away!!
    This is the lowest I have weighed since before I had children!!

on

Hello everyone,
    I have set up the new March thread for anyone who would like to keep on with their BSD/Fast 800 journey starting from Sunday 1st March. I can’t believe how quickly January and February have gone by and my progress has been poor! I have set it up a little earlier as I am away at the weekend and will be busy for the next couple of days. I have named the thread Motivated and measured in March to fit in with our monthly theme. I do still feel very motivated and am looking forward to sharing my journey on the March thread with everyone.

Denise Susan- congratulations on your weight loss and I’ll be interested to see how your plant based diet goes. My husband is a vegan and he is slim and has definitely lost weight since being a vegan (3 years). We have vegetarian for 30 odd years.

JGwen- I am glad I am not the only one who looks into people’s baskets and feel it’s so unfair that they can eat what they want without getting fat. Great news about the loose trousers and very interesting about keeping in ketosis constantly. Once I am in Ketosis I find this way of eating so much easier. Why do I ruin it by having crisps?

Cathy

on

I’ve been frugal throughout February and have finished the month at 146.8. In total I lost a grand total of 1 lb in February. I had a mid month gain and overall a rather disappointing month. I had hoped to be 145. I shall move over to the March thread and keep plodding and my aim is to weigh 142 lb by the end of March. There have been some great loses on here during February. I need to have a re-think about how best to get the fat moving again.
    In summary, very demoralised! The effort to reward ratio is not great! #notgivingup

Please log in or register to post a reply.