End of first week! Newbee

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SparklySonya
    on

Wanted to say hi to everyone. Just reached the end of my first week of 800. Headaches seem to have gone. Still feeling quite tired.
    Any tips anyone? Especially when staying away from home. I have a week of study coming up soon and will need to take most things with me on the train I can self cater but with limited facilities. So any suggestions would be great.
    Sonya

• posted by Trundlebug
    on

Hi SparklySonya,

Well done on that 1st week. Mine was only a couple of weeks back but I clearly remember feeling like ‘Wha…? I actually managed it?’

From here it gets easier but in my experience relies on keeping really hydrated throughout, making sure to eat enough protein (never underestimate the power of a boiled egg) and finding a few recipes that will set you up well in the morning plus some quick lunch & dinner options. Pack nuts with you – although decant the required quantity in a box so as not to run risks of portion control (*ahem :0) and also those little bags of olives are good as they are flavourful and low carb-cal for munchie moments.

So I rely on Greek yoghurt and berries with nuts sprinkled on top for brekkie, a salad with protein from egg, tuna or chicken for lunch and then dinner is simple grilled fish or meat with veg or a soup with maybe cheese as the protein.

I find just a loose idea of things to grab keeps it easier. Have you got the FatSecret app? I find that really useful and of course these forums have piles of proper advice from people who KNOW how it goes. Good for motivation.

Finally my own saviour has been deciding to exercise whenever I feel like mindless eating. This is a walk, a swim, a cycle or a 15-min YouTube HIIT session. Exercise suppresses appetite.

best of luck to you and keep up the good work

Trundlebug

• posted by Sadiegreen
    on

Hey, I’m new here too, although into my second week of BSD.. Weight has been slow ish to get shifting, this next week I’m going to pay closer attention to my carbon intake. However the insane hunger from week 1 seems to have massively diminished. Hope it continues to go well xxx

• posted by SparklySonya
    on

Thank you Trundlebug, those are some great tips. Im finding it easier to resist stuff this second week i have to say. Away at college next week so gotta get prepared. Think ill try some recipes in the book. Thanks for the app recommendation I’ll check it out!
    Definatly needing water all the time
    Sonya x

• posted by SparklySonya
    on

Hi Sadie looks like we started about the same time. Well done, hope week 2 goes smoothly. Water has helped when I’m hungry if thats any use, no calories to count.
    Sonya x

Please log in or register to post a reply.