Eight weeks – two stone loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by focus
    on

I finished the BSD yesterday and have lost an incredible two stone.

I appreciate some have lost more on the diet and I should mention that I have often eaten over the 800 calories recommended as I have been doing a significant amount of running – it just wasn’t enough for me. You can track what I ate and my ups and downs here.
    https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/diet-diary-2/

Physically I am feeling great, I haven’t been this weight for years and years and I can now fit into clothes that haven’t seem the light of day for a long time.

I’m going to continue on a ketogenic diet which uses much of the same principles as the BSD although is a bit stricter on carbs and things like fruit, diet drinks certain veggies etc.

I’ve been trying to get this weight off for years and despite cycling 100 miles a week and even doing the marathon a couple of times I failed. The BSD really has worked so many thanks!

I’ve still got a couple of stone to lose, frankly I have hit a little resistance around the 14 stone mark but I’ll keep working on it and check in at some point before the end of the year.

More than anything I do feel like this is a life change. I’m not really craving carbs at all and have no interest in having a celebratory binge. I do imagine I’ll eat breads, cakes etc again but I’ll save this for special occasions.

Good luck to all!

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Well done. It takes some doing!
    I did the same last year and am now back on it having let myself slip into bad ways. This time I know better!

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi Focus,
    If you’re going to do keto, have a look at the Keto Reset Diet by Mark Sisson – I think it should be the Keto Reset Plan really because he takes you through all aspects – diet, exercise, sleep etc. I’m doing the 3 week preparation he advises before going Keto, although if you’re used to the BSD, that won’t be too difficult.
    The plan is really sensible, doable and is backed up with good science. Some of the Facebook Keto groups are too extreme and you find people giving advice from a fanatical rather than science viewpoint.

SSB

Please log in or register to post a reply.