Eight weeks later…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Daria191
    on

Eight weeks has flown by! I have lost a stone and 6 pounds and I can honestly say that I don’t really feel that I am on a diet at all. I have dieted before and put weight straight back on – this time I am changing my diet for good – so it’s not a diet, it’s a way of life now. I really like the food you can eat and the odd ‘blip’ hasn’t ruined what I have done so far. There’s a part of Michael’s book where he more or less says that if you slip up sometimes don’t beat yourself up, just get back to eating the good stuff! It’s true – I had a week towards the end of March where I was out nearly every night for a meal – complete diary overload!!! – but I chose sensibly and even though I didn’t lose a thing that week, next week I did so it didn’t ruin anything. So for me this is the way forward. The health benefits have already been more than I could have hoped for. I miss bread – I used to eat a lot – but to be honest, not as much as I thought I would. Be encouraged everyone – this works and believe me, if I can stick with it anyone can. I wish I had known about this years ago – but I am making the difference now, and one day I know I will wave goodbye to my diabetes. I am determined!

• posted by orchid
    on

Welcome over the eight week mark :-). Congratulations, that is great weight loss, and onto the next steps of getting rid of your diabetes.
    Good luck

• posted by Red Devil
    on

Hey Daria, well done you.
    It is wonderful to read the posts from people achieving the 8 week mark, and still enjoying this way of eating.
    I’m only 1 week in and I have to say I’m loving it.
    I also wish that I had commenced this way oc eating a long time ago.
    Red

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great news Daria. There are two threads on the next forum down for those over 8 and 16 weeks. Come and join us on there 😃 The more the merrier!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Congtatulations on becoming a veteran Daria
    An excellent set of results and more proof (if any more is needed) that this lifestyle does the job.
    what are your plans now ? 5:2 Med maintainence, or staying on the fast 800 to lose a little more?

• posted by Patsy
    on

Well done, Daria!

It’s very encouraging to read posts from people who’ve been on the diet for a while and have had such good results.

• posted by Daria191
    on

Thanks everyone! This is working for me so I am inclined to stick with it a while longer but I will have a good look round the other topics on here and see what others do after passing 8 weeks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.