Dry January

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello All
    2020 and I’m back with renewed purpose and much heavier than before.
    I’m going to do the Fast 800 solid until I have lost at least half the weight I plan to lose, and then maybe switch to 5:2 depending on how I am doing.
    I want to be accountable and kick-start January by going dry. Apologies if anyone has started up a similar thread. If anyone is doing dry January also please do shout out because I love my alcohol and I’d love to poach ideas on delicious drink alternatives.
    All the best ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi Baristagirls and Happy New Year! Just to say I’m doing something similar on the Journey through January thread, continuing (well, rebooting!) Fast 800 and doing Dry January. it will be a big challenge! I’ve also been looking for some ideas for alternative drinks and this article has some interesting options to try https://www.standard.co.uk/shopping/esbest/christmas/food-drink/best-non-alcoholic-drinks-a3976496.html.

Good luck and all the best X

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Thanks so much for the link. It has some really nice looking options on there – I will be buying some to try! All the best with your Dry January ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Squidge
    on

Be wary of all drinks containing calories โ€“ it’s very easy to to consume these and kind of ‘forget’ that they count just the same as food when it comes to weight loss or gain.

I’ve found that having ice cold sparkling water, served in my best glasses, with a slice of lemon or a few berries helps stop me reaching for the wine.

Please log in or register to post a reply.