Dr MM Theatre Shows – Anyone Going?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

I have been wondering about going to one of these shows.
    But non of the contacted Theatres can say IF a double price VIP Ticket at (approx £46) will even allow you to meet Michael ?
    Anyone know if this is the case?
    Also is anyone else going?
    In one way it sounds like a repeat of ‘all’ his findings so will I learn anything new to so to speak?
    He has mentioned in passing on his twitter feed I think it was that people can ask questions at the event (why isn’t that mentioned on the blurb about it?) … !
    From what I can see so far, most tickets still seem to be available!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi AuroraMagic,
    Just thought I’d let you know I’ve just booked a ticket for one of his February shows. I did hum and haa about it, but decided in the end to go. I’m going on my own and I get a concession ticket so the ticket was £23-ish. I hope people are able to ask questions at the end because I’d be interested to hear what people ask. Are you still thinking about going?

By the way, I’ve just seen a review of the new book on Take A Look At This thread (by salty sea bird I think) and that was positive. Lots of new research – maybe that would have been the better option!!!

• posted by Eileen27
    on

I went last week. It wasn’t quite as I expected. The first half was mainly talking about his early life, training and employment. He talked a little more about the BSD in the 2nd half, his stage manager demonstrating HITT as he had damaged his Achilles. We were invited to write questions on paper in the interval, some had been prepared and seemed irrelevant e.g what was your most embarrassing time as a doctor ( or along those lines)! No additional insight or info. But as I’ve been on this WOE for a while and have all the books and avidly read this forum then maybe that was to be expected. Books were on sale, pre-signed but he was available to sign others and meet the audience at the end. There was a long queue so i didn’t stay. Quite interesting but i didn’t find it as inspiring as his earlier tv programmes. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to go again ! Sorry if this disappoints anyone. I’m sure that others will enjoy it more fully.

• posted by Squizzel
    on

I had my question read out, and answered mostly by Roy Taylor – so they aren’t all pre-written, but the most embarrassing time as a doctor question was also a feature at the show in Gateshead so I think that would be a plant. It was a nice show, and for a science fan, there was certainly a lot to make you think. I also wonder if the real BSD science part is deliberately in the second half so as not to reduce sales of ice cream and crisps in the interval! I found it gently amusing to see so many people clutching new books in one hand and ice cream in the other!

• posted by alliecat
    on

That did make me lau9h, Squizzel! How’s that for irony!

• posted by Squizzel
    on

Keeps a local dairy in business 😉

Please log in or register to post a reply.