Dr and nurse massively supportive

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JaneAkshar
    on

Went to see the diabetic nurse at my doctors and wanted to discuss my proposal to go on thebloodsugardiet.com Nurse was massively supportive, said one of the doctors wanted all his patients to go on it. Gave me loads of advice about insulin reduction, more test strips, additional pills. She wanted to see me Xmas Eve but when I said I couldnt as I was going away so she asked if she could phone me and discuss my weeks tests. Sent me for a blood test so we had a base line and I am booked in for a review 2nd Jan. What a great result

• posted by deewallace
    on

Got a real shock (not sure why because I knew I had to lose weight) when FBS and Hb1ac came back and I was just in the diabetic range. Dr suggested I have a look at the diet and that I didn’t need any treatment, at the moment. Went to see the nurse who said she would refer me to a new diabetic group. Said to her not to bother as I was doing the diet and was determined. She thought that was great. Go back in 3 months and have another blood test. Feel really positive, especially as I am losing the expected amount of weight, feel good and exercising. Since I upped the exercise I have started to feel hungry again but I am willing to go with that and hope it passed. So glad my Dr pointed me in the right direction.

• posted by Verano
    on

So good to see doctors and nurses getting on board with this way of eating for diabetes. Enjoy the journey!

• posted by CharlotteB
    on

I’m starting on 2 January after getting a very positive response from my NEW doctor. She thought it was a great idea. Said her dad had done it and had great results. I had been seeing the same doctor for some time who didn’t even tell me how bad my test results were! Just seemed to blame things on age and menopause. My new doctor at the same practice went over the results of blood tests over the last 18 months and explained them to me. What a motivation. I’m not pre-diabetic – thank heavens – but very close and as both my parents had Type 2 I really need to make the changes now at 55. Scared about how I will cope with stress without carbs but very much looking forward to a new way of eating. I’ve never joined a forum before so I’m hoping that chatting with others and hearing their storeis will help me.

• posted by JaneAkshar
    on

So glad that you too are getting support. It makes such a difference

• posted by Verano
    on

CharlotteB there are a couple of new threads that may be of interest to you and will certainly be supportive. “Kazzees road trip to Easter’ a 16 week journey and ‘one week at a time’ which Is as it says . You will find lots of other new starters, old hands and maintainers to help you along your journey. Good luck and enjoy!

Please log in or register to post a reply.