Dieting with a chef in the house..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ddraig
    on

Both my partner and I are about 4 st over weight, the difficulty is, he’s a chef and is constantly surrounded by food at work. He thinks about it all the time, I can guarantee that just after breakfast he will say “what are we having for dinner” he also eats and serves up, what he calls “chefs portions” sigh..

I’m in no way using him as an excuse for my weight gain, he just hasn’t helped lol

So, today I start the first day of the next 8 weeks..

I’m 5’3 (same as my partner) and weighing in at 186lbs

Aweigh we go πŸ˜‰

• posted by Hopeful
    on

Good for you Ddraig, perhaps you could get your partner to add some new recipes to the site, as a chef he may have some ideas and he will know about carbs calories etc., when he asks β€œwhat are we having for dinner” tell him to make something up that will fit in with the BSD
    It’s a great diet and I too am trying to get rid of 4 stone, and have lost a good few pounds already(10lbs in three weeks) are either of you diabetic??
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH.

• posted by Ddraig
    on

Well done Hopeful πŸ™‚ yes, I’m the diabetic, I’m taking insulin but I’m hoping I can get off the insulin – weight gain roundabout :/ I was 9st when I was diagnosed and I’m now 13 πŸ™
    My partner works in a busy hotel, I’m hopeful I can get him interested in the recipes and off his “crowd cooking” way of thinking and portion sizes.

• posted by Chloee
    on

Hi Ddraig

I have also commenced the plan today, loving the fact that results can be seen so quickly as I have struggled to lose weight since having children.
    I weighed in today at 212lbs πŸ˜”πŸ˜” but have a mini goal of the beginning of May to spur me on, going to centre parcs with some girlfriends and want to have lost a couple of stone by then.

Perhaps we could spur each other along?

Chloe X

• posted by Ddraig
    on

Hi Chloe, I’d love to be your diet buddy πŸ™‚ my partner used to work at centre parcs πŸ™‚ it’s nice to have a goal. Mine is my good friends 60th birthday on April 2nd, followed by my birthday on April 14th : D

Ddraig

• posted by Ddraig
    on

Arrgghhhhh, first meal and he’s already “played” with the recipe!

Roasted aubergine with lamb and pomegranate, oh he says, the mince will fall off, let’s scoop out the aubergine. .. then, this will taste better with a slice of cheese on top… This is why I wanted to cook the meal tonight by myself lol

• posted by Chloee
    on

Lol playing with the recipe already. I had that dish last night but changed the lamb mince for diced lamb as the fat content was much lower. Have to say it was delicious! Today has been avocado and egg for breakfast, no carb ploughmans for lunch which I really enjoyed and tonight was the veg curry and cauliflower rice. Delicious. Very impressed so far. Just hope that remains when I weigh myself on Monday!

It’s always good to have some mini goals isn’t it. My goal after centre parcs will be the summer holiday that I have booked abroad and want to feel more ‘comfortable’ in swim wear around the pool!

• posted by Ddraig
    on

I must say, it was very nice and even he’s said he was full, and then he asked for ice cream and tinned peaches lol.

I found coconut flour in my local Tesco, so I’m going to try the muffins tomorrow as I’ll be making liver treats for the dogs too.

Then as my partner is back to work tomorrow I can cook for myself πŸ™‚

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Chloe
    Good luck with the diet. I’m sure you ll have lost even more than that by May.
    Penny

• posted by Ddraig
    on

Hi Penny, how long have you been doing the diet?

I was pleasantly surprised to get on the scales this morning and see 181 πŸ™‚

Chloe, any tips on the cauliflower rice? Did you do in mwave or oven?

I must use the corgettti I bought in tesco tonight lol, one of my daughters was here for dinner so I changed my plan and we had a mountain of stir fry veg with the coconut milk, lime juice and thai fish sauce. It was lovely, left out the chili as both my daughter and I have sensitive stomachs, she doesn’t need to lose weight but it’s kinda what she eats anyway, she told me it was the best stir fry she’d ever had πŸ˜€

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Ddraig
    This is day 11.
    I’m a great one for researching and finding stuff out and then telling people- sometimes too much!
    I’m keeping s notebook with what I eat as well as MFP and how I am etc.
    Unfortunately for us my sister and I have lost a very small amount of weight despite being meticulous. Must be a family thing. Our waists have come down a bit which is nice. How can we have eaten 4000 cals less in 10 days and only lost a couple of pounds in my case, nothing in my sisters case? Weird. Any explanations welcome. And that’s with me doing 1000 s of steps every day! And drinking a lot.
    But we are feeling a lot better, much less sluggish in the morning and sleeping better. So we really keeping on, keeping the faith, and keeping our fingers crossed! Anyway it’s actually enjoyable to do the diet and feel in control.
    Penny

• posted by Chloee
    on

Thanks Penny I have to say I am quite enjoying it so far! Felt a bit too hungry tonight after the steamed fish and went swimming which burnt it off. Have had to have a few almonds and a square of dark choc. Get me, pushing the boat out! Lol

Ddraig I did the cauli rice in the oven for a bout 12 mins. Much nicer that on a previous diet when I did it in the microwave.
    Please let me know how the muffins go as I am tempted with them.

Had the mushrooms and goats cheese this morning and could have eaten tons of them very tasty!

Soooo tempted to stand on the scales tonight but resisted until Monday. Hope I am not disappointed

• posted by Ddraig
    on

Today was the first day I haven’t been starving by lunch πŸ™‚ so much that I didn’t actually WANT lunch! Had skinny bolog for tea and wasn’t even tempted to dessert. Did have a glass of red wine πŸ™‚

My chocolate is in the fridge ; )

Thanks for the tip on the cauliflower and I’ll let you know how the muffins go

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Chloee
    Michael says weighing often is better, people do better if they do. I weigh every day and measure my waist every day. If I’m not down it motivates me to try harder, if I am down it motivates me and cheers me up. I used to hate waiting all week then being disappointed. Much better to be disappointed sooner and sort it out sooner!
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.