Despite sticking to the diet plan I've put weight on

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lowenna
    on

I have stuck rigidly to the diet plan in the book. No snacking or anything etc. Even the cappuccinos went. The result. I’ve lost no weight this week and my waist measurement has returned to what it was when I started two weeks ago. This despite taking up swimming, walking everywhere and just feeling miserably hungry for two weeks.

I feel completely disheartened especially when everyone else seems to be losing weight hand over fist. My partner has continued to eat bread and cereal and my low carb evening meals and is losing weight. I just don’t understand it. It has made me feel ill but that’s about it. ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lowenna
    that must be really disappointing for you – but there are a lot of posts about plateaus as well as weight loss.

two things that seem common themes for people not loosing as much as they’d anticipated, or weight plateau-ing – the first is are you drinking enough water? That really does help.
    The other one – several people have reported issues with constipation on BSD – several threads on it, and potential remedies,if you use the search box (top right hand corner) – Obviously if you’re eating a lot less, and a lot less junk, you will poo less, but if your digestive system is taking time to adjust to your new eating patterns, worth thinking about.

Also, you say that you’re sticking rigidly to the plan in the book – if that isn’t working for you, try taking the principles of BSD and having low carb food that you like that meet the low carb/calorie guidelines and seeing if you enjoy that more.

• posted by Lowenna
    on

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes drinking lots of water and not constipated. Really disappointed with the inch regained. The only thing is I am on pain killing medication but I can’t see that making a difference. My mum says the only time she lost weight was on things like weight watchers where she was made to eat a lot more than she usually did. I would just expect to lose more being on such a restricted diet and upping my exercise a lot.

Tonight I am going to eat normal portions whilst sticking to low carb as I’m fed up of being hungry too

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Are you watching the amounts you eat. Portion control is very important. Especially if you are eating fat rich foods like avocados or nuts. Just a small handful of nuts can soon mount to over 100 calories and half an avocado is sufficient as one portion. These things should not be avoided as they are very good for us both as nutrients and as feeling fuller factors. Start weighing or measuring until you are used to what a portion should look like. Keep on keeping on.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to hear you are still struggling Lowenna. If you have stalled/gained, then check your carb intake. There may be something you are eating, that is sneakily higher in carbs than you might suspect. When I plateaued, it was definitely carb related and addressing carb intake resolved the issue. The other problem is, some of us are by nature much slower to lose weight than others – I’m one of them. It can be disheartening to be putting in the effort, but seeing little reward – especially when others are reporting massive losses each week.

Stick with it, your body is probably still trying to adjust to the new regime and that can take a while to settle. Stick with the 800, count all your calories and carbs, drink plenty, include fat in your diet to help encourage the fat burning process and stave off hunger and you WILL get there.

• posted by Lamorna
    on

Nope have set the fitness pal app to what is recommended carbs between 25/50g I’ve been really strict on. I weigh everything and this week absolutely no snacking at all. Even if I wasn’t on the specific diet but still cut out all puddings, snacking etc I would have expected to lose some weight. Today I’ve put the inch back on round my waist that I lost. It feels more like my body is saying okay we are down to 800 lets readjust an conserve that fat.

I’ve been swimming 4 times this week followed by a scrummy glass of water that’s the dedication

Tonight I’m having a couple of glasses of wine and saying to hell with it. I feel fatter now than I did at the start!

Colleagues at work have lost a lot on this diet they are all surprised too by the non loss as they say I’ve always eaten less than them anyway ;(

Please log in or register to post a reply.