Dear all!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kal
    on

I’m starting the BSD in the morning, bizarrely I’m excited! Any helpful hints, tips or easy recipes especially for lunch would be a huge help! 😀

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Kal!
    Welcome to the forums. I’m excited that you are excited — that is a very good place to start and it will set you off on a good course. You will get lots of advice here, and all of it will be good, but I always just tell new starters to just never, never, never quit.
    Even if you have a bad day (or more ) just calmly and without fanfare, begin again the very next day.
    It is my opinion that we LEARN how to do this diet well and we also have to understand our bodies as we have not understood them in the past. It is a whole new experience with this way of eating.
    Can you please get a copy of Gary Taubes book, “Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It”? That was my best companion book to the BSD. It has been used by many people here and has great value as you move away from sugar and refined carbohydrates.
    I wish you a successful and wonderful journey. You are going to change your life.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    Welcome
    There are a couple of regular threads on the forum, a one week challenge and a 4 week challenge. On them you will find a mixture of newcomers, those of us who have a lot of weight to loose and maintainers sharing their experiences, answering each others questions, . If you look on the Forums, all recent topics you will find them. (The weekly one usually has the date, and the 4 weekly one has the month in its title.)

Please log in or register to post a reply.