Day one…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sarah73
    on

Hi everyone, just found this site and I’m really hoping you’ll all be able to help inspire me/kick me when necessary! Today is day one for me.

I bought the book a few months ago and managed 2.5 weeks on 800 cals a day, I felt great once I got going and lost a stone (I have around 5 to lose in total) but I can’t have full fat dairy, it upsets my stomach, eventually I was feeling really ill and started back on carbs etc. Then it got out of hand again. As a rule I try to avoid dairy and use almond milk instead, I can have the odd little bit but too much is a problem. It’s tricky finding yoghurt (which I love) that I can have, which isn’t full of sugar. I also find too much in the way of veg goes straight through me, so I’m concerned with finding a balance which my stomach can cope with.

I’m a sugar addict and yoyo dieter. I’m 43 now and feel enormous, exhausted, ugly and achy. My girls (age 12 and 8) aren’t overweight but both put weight on round their middles like I do when they’ve overindulged and I worry that I’m a bad example to them. My husband isn’t overweight and is very critical of me, which doesn’t help as I tend to feel like sticking two fingers up and eating what I like – but I need to ignore him and lose weight for myself, as I’m only hurting myself staying like this. He eats absolutely loads including loads of snacks but he has a physical job and burns it off. The girls and I need to change our snacking habits. Our meals are healthy and not huge – it’s the snack cupboard that’s the problem.

I’ll have a few days in the next 8 weeks going over my calorie allowance as there are several pre-planned events coming up, but I’m going to commit to sticking as closely as I can to it between now and Christmas. Then hopefully do something slightly less restrictive but along the same lines to lose the rest of the weight. I’m well aware that 5-odd stone won’t come off in 8 weeks but I need to make a good start to motivate myself. I love clothes and fashion but have spent years hiding behind invisible dark rubbishy clothes which don’t have the desired effect of making me just disappear and also make me feel horrible. I’d like next year to be different. My mother in law (very overweight, type 2 diabetic, terrible diet, not well controlled despite insulin…) is moving in with us at some point soon (God help me) so it’s particularly important to me to take control of things before that, as I know I’ll find it a struggle and don’t want to turn to sugar!

Look forward to getting to know you all. Sarah x

• posted by shalimar
    on

Hi Sarah73.

You certainly have some obstacles … we all do … just different ones. I used to like to run hurdles (decades ago when i could actually run) so maybe i will picture my obstacles as the hurdles i used to like to jump over. Send those hurdles some love when they start to loom!!!

Good luck … you have lots of company here. Join any of the threads you find interesting … even if the have a start date in the thread … everyone is welcome in any thread.

HUGS

• posted by Sarah73
    on

Thankyou Shalimar! I think the next few days will be a big challenge, but after that hopefully things will get easier…when I have more time I’m looking forward to reading through more threads on here. x

• posted by Sarah73
    on

Well, I”m still here – on day three and it’s definitely feeling slightly easier. Bad headaches at first but that’s on the way out now. I do feel hungry but not weak so I feel like I can keep going. Got on scales this morning for the first time in months and I was a lot more than I thought, so God knows what weight I started at. Long way to go 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.