day 4 and still going!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

I’ve never managed more than one day at a time on a “diet” before – I could lose weight, but very slowly. I just can’t believe I’ve made it through four days now, staying at 800 calories. I haven’t really felt hungry, but I am fantasising a bit about bread and bready products!

I stopped off at aldi for some cottage cheese and hummous, and didn’t buy any of the carby/sugary things I would normally get. Victory!

We did the sport relief mile at school today, and I walked it with a few other members of staff who don’t run but wanted to join in. I reckon I earned my dinner (chicken grill portion with baby corn and mushrooms).

Although I’m fantasising a bit, it’s nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. The usual feeling of needing something, something missing, and eating my way through the kitchen in an attempt to find it but never succeeding, has gone – completely. I think my overeating meant that I never really enjoyed anything I ate and nothing was satisfying.

Waiting for the wobble now… but I’m sure I can handle it and minimise any damage. Thanks everyone for the lovely support on here.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Great to hear jpscloud
    I think some folk look at the diet and the 800 calories screams out at them and frightens them off.
    It’s hard to explain how you can not only survive on 800 calories but not feel hungry.
    You probably felt the same, I know I did and I still can’t believe how easy it is
    First week results soon 🙂

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Thanks Bill yes, I always thought it would “hurt” to cut calories down this much but far from it, I feel really good at the moment. We break up on Thursday and I’d normally celebrate with a major binge. It will be hard not to go over calories on that day but I might allow myself a few extra and not worry about it too much, as I’ll be getting active over the holidays.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi jpscloud Those of us who’ve jumped in the the 800 calories soon find how easy it is and realise how well we can eat on so few calories when we cut out the carbs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.