Day 3 – Some Observations

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JCH187
    on

I’m on my third day and doing ok so far. The hunger is still up and down but I’m following the forum advice and I’m sure this will improve soon.

Here’s what I’ve learnt:

Two cashew nuts can kill a hunger pang! That would have been a bar of chocolate or pack of crisps before… And then another!
    Drinking loads of water is definitely the key to keeping the headaches at bay.
    A drink of water can kill a hunger pang.
    I actually taste the food now, not just hoover it down and move onto the next thing, even a cup of normal tea with milk tastes a lot better and I appreciate it more.
    I’m buying things I’ve never bought before – today it was coconut flour and flaxseed – I’m going to make some pancakes for brunch this weekend (recipe from here) and add the flaxseed to my yogurt.
    My fridge contents look completely different to normal.
    I’m carefully thinking through my food choices, to make the most of each meal – I had a skimmed milk coffee on Saturday at 70 calories but that’s an apple or handful of nuts which is more satisfying so I won’t be doing that again for a while.
    I need to plan ahead and be prepared with my food, not buying things on the way home from work when I’m really hungry.
    A few seeds can improve the flavour of natural yogurt!

I’m weighing in for the first time tomorrow so hopefully all these changes will pay off!

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Keep it up JCH! I’m on week three and hunger pangs are GONE (apart from when evening mealtime is looming) so I have just about kicked the snacking/boredom eating habit. I have a tiny pot of toasted almonds on my desk at work, and have the occasional one or two if I need a boost. I agree that food seems to taste a lot better, and there are so many lovely new things to try! Halloumi cheese was a revelation, and butternut squash spaghetti is perfect with anything where historically I had pasta or noodles. A few more days and you will start noticing your clothes feeling looser – that’s what makes it worthwhile!

• posted by JCH187
    on

I’ll be really happy to kick the snacking habit finally, I haven’t had anything since lunch so I’m heading in the right direction!

How much weight have you lost so far?

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

I find mornings easier than afternoons, but they’re definitely not so much hard work as 2 weeks ago! I am one of those annoying types who doesn’t actually weigh myself; I just go by how my clothes fit (or if I need to buy a smaller size!) because people tend to get so hung up on losing a precious 1/2lb when those sort of changes could be down to time of day or whether fat is being replaced with muscle (which is heavier). If I can get back down to a comfortable size 14 pair of trousers I’ll be happy!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

^^^^^^^^
    What Janey said 😉

Please log in or register to post a reply.