Day 2, week 1

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sallyo
    on

I don’t know if there’s a blog page on this forum. Perhaps someone can direct me to it. I want to have a place to blog my journey and so I’ll just use this until I learn better.
    Yesterday went well. Today is a new day and i’m sitting down to 150gm of Greek yogurt and half a grated apple. It was a big apple. Tonight we are having visitors for dinner. Angela is a mostly vegetarian and we do Meat free Mondays anyway> I’m going to try the beetroot felafels and a haloumi salad. I will also bake some potatoes but I won’t eat them, And serve wine, but I won’t drink. I’m wondering if perhaps it would be possible to make a dessert and not eat it. Normally I would do that if I was having visitors. I think it would be empowering to do such a thing and at the moment I am really not suffering. I know that that will kick in so today I am going to clear the cupboards of stale biscuits and stuff like that that might find its way into my mouth in moments of mad desperation. I expect that might kick in after a week.
    This is different from 5:2 because I don’t get to go to bed and wake up to a ‘normal’ diet.
    I’ve decided pretty much this week to focus on cutting out all carbs – bread, sweet food, pasta etc. and not worry too much about counting calories. What do others think about that?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    There isn’t a blog page, someone else who wanted to write a public daily diary to help her keep on track at the start of her journey set up a thread just as you have and wrote her daily update to that thread for a few weeks until she got into the swing of things.

Of late there are usually 2 challenges going on, a weekly and a 4 weekly. All you do is join in the chat on the thread(s) that you want to join. The weekly challenge has the date in the title, while the next 4 weekly challenge will have June in the title and it starts on tomorrow. – We all report our weight at least once a week, usually on the Tuesday on the 4 weekly challenge, and chat about progress at other times.

There are a couple of other threads you might want to keep an eye out for. 1. Take a look at this, where people add links to research, or articles which may be relevant for this Way of Eating. – Also the positives thread, where people share their 3 positive things for the day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.