Day 2

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nifnif868
    on

Hi All,

I am on day 2!!!! Feeling very motivated and even got two girls at work on board with me with it ๐Ÿ™‚

Can i just ask – did anyone else suffer with headaches in the beginning of the diet?

I had a headache all yesterday afternoon and evening and i have just started with a headache again.

Im a notorious sugar fiend so i am hoping it is just my body getting used to the cut down.

Any tips or how long it may last?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Nifnif

Welcome to the BSD!

Yes, people do have symptoms of various kinds when giving up refined carbs, and headache can be one. You should really ensure you’re drinking for England – up the quantity of liquid as much as you can as this often seems to help.

The ‘carb flu’ (which the symptoms are called) generally only lasts a few days, but it does vary.

Keep on keeping on – you will get there and kicking the carb addiction is well worth it.

Drink that water! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Nifnif868!
    Keep up the motivation!
    I felt very ill to start with. If it’s encouraging, then I now feel ill if I stray too sugarly from the diet ๐Ÿ™‚
    Very bad headaches, painful legs, trembly, sick, you name it. I had a dreadful sugar issue to kill. And that wasn’t most chocolate or cake – it was carbs that turn into sugar once inside like crisps! Crisps my big issue.
    Keep going. A lot of people find the headache goes within a week or two. Or me….. in about 6 weeks ;- But it’s worth it.
    How much water are you drinking?

• posted by Avila
    on

I am on week 3 and falling off the wagon into cheesecake has given me headaches when back to plan. It does feel like drug withdrawal in certain ways (to clarify it is only prescribed drugs I have had to come off, besides sugar !)

• posted by Nifnif868
    on

Thank you everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 3 and headache is appearing. It went after some paracetamol yesterday thankfully. So im hopeful it will shift again today ๐Ÿ™‚

Now to gorge some chicken and greens for lunch ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyone any tips for yummu lunches? Easy to prep working in an office?

• posted by c0sie
    on

Hey NifNif ๐Ÿ™‚

I found that my headaches were as a result of lack of fluids. It is vitally important to keep your fluid intake high during your weight loss journey.

Water is your friend, be it still or fizzy (my favourite) and you should try and drink as much of the recommended 8 glasses if you can ๐Ÿ™‚

For me fizzy water staves off any hunger I may have, I can easily get through 3 or so litres of water a day and I feel terrible if I dont drink enough fluids.

If you arent a fan of water then try zero calorie drinks; Coke Zero, Pepsi Max etc. Not as good as water, but its a start!

Hope the headaches clear up soon. As a life long migraine sufferer I feel your pain!

Re lunches. My office allows me access to a microwave and a sink to wash my stuff up. I recently bought a Sistems microwave rice steamer and can now cook quinoa in 8 minutes thanks to my new favourite cooking toy!
    I also have a fridge at work and bring in quark that I can flavour with anything i like to add to my quinoa.
    Salads are an easy office option, buy a bag on the way into work or on the way home for then next day.

• posted by Frog
    on

On days when I’m struggling with water I have sugar free squash, I get through a lot more drinks that way – minimal calories and carbs. Robinsons do a pink grapefruit and lemon one – my current favourite.

• posted by Nifnif868
    on

Thank you so much for your advice so far ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 8

Headaches have stopped. Im drinking soooo much more water now ๐Ÿ™‚ im drinking up to 3ltrs a day ๐Ÿ™‚

I did my first waist measure today and iv lost 3 inches so far! One of my work colleagues who i mentioned about has lost 7lbs! I forgot to weigh myself last week but weighed myself this week so i can monitor lbs from now ๐Ÿ™‚

Im having eggs most mornings now or having yoghurt and dipping apple in it ๐Ÿ™‚

Iv noticed im enjoying the food i do have more now too! Im also having three meals a day which i never did before. I would skip meals often. I find myself thinking about my food more. Im really enjoying this diet so far! Even resisted at the weekend! I found a vegeterian substitute in the supermarket that was sooooo tasty!

Anyone have any alternative to takeaway ideas for weekends? Iv heard there is a pizza you can make using cauliflour as a base xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.