Day 11 update

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kereru
    on

Right starting to feel hungry most days, totally annoying!
    Up side have dropped 4 kg and generally feel better. No inches lost yet…
    Had a couple of stumbles on some excellent red wine but all in all not too bad! I expect weight to slow this week but aim to stick with it.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on dropping the 4kgs, that’s a great result in less than two weeks, you must be really pleased.
    Shame you are feeling hungry most days. Are you including enough fat in your meals? Fat helps you feel full for longer, so it’s worth ‘spending’ calories in making sure you have enough. Also make sure you are including enough fluids, as often when we feel hungry, we are actually thirsty.
    Finally, check you are not taking in too many unexpected carbs, as carbs will cause blood sugars to spike and when they fall it will drive the hunger as your body calls out for more carbs. Some foods are unexpectedly high in carbs and can cause you to eat more carbs than you think you are, so it’s worth keeping an eye on carbs as well as calories.
    Good luck on continued great results – let us know how you get on.

• posted by Kereru
    on

Thanks Sunny, not sure why it is. I drink 3 litres of water a day and have been having things like Almond butter and apple or eggs for breakfast. Soup made with bacon hock or chicken, coleslaw and feta for lunch then normally meat and vege for dinner so should be enough fat , I would have thought.

I do watch my carbs too but maybe those few beans in my soup may be a bit too much for me.
    Not sure but will see how I go by the end of this week. I have been active by keeping up to 10,000 steps a day and 3 x week heavy weights at the gym. I wonder if the muscle work makes me more hungry.

Thanks again!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi KERERU I was wondering how youre getting on..what a great start!
    If youre hungry you could still be in withdrawal from carbs mode..it passes in time and then youre less hungry..but take on board all that SUNNY said..
    hope you get sorted coz its no fun being hungry! I do find like Sunny said that fullfat really helps destroy hunger pangs! Total greek yoghurt is gorgeous,very satisfyingly creamy! I have it every day and dont think i could stay on plan if it wasnt for total yog! X

• posted by Frog
    on

Yowzer – I love the way you post goodnight, send us all a lovely picture – then you’re still going strong an hour later!

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

When I get hungry pains, I munch on a few pine nuts. It miraculously fills me up. Keep up with the willpower! I am getting in the mood for Gershwin masterworks when the US OPEN starts next week because you’ve got rhythm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvglHa_P9BA

Wishes London could send Miss Saigon and Showboat back to NYC! And charlie and the Chocolate Factory! How on earth did Willy Wonka ever stay so thin and healthy?????? I have no idea!!!! Time for Penn and Teller Magic show! It was my dream as a kid to be a magician, not an astronaut! I guess I like putting on a show!

Please log in or register to post a reply.