Day 1 completed!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LeanerNina
    on

So I got through the day yesterday on 782 kcals, 21g carbs, and am feeling good within myself. I thought the test would come this morning with feeling hungry, but surprisingly I feel fine. Drank lots of water yesterday, especially when feeling slightly headachey – which happened a few times towards the end of the day – must have had at least 4 litres. I’m experimenting with different green smoothies and not eating until lunchtime, just having water and black coffee until then. I also take a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in water first thing in the morning as I find it a good appetite suppressant.

How are other new starters getting on this week?

• posted by Squidge
    on

Well done on completing day 1!

Headaches sometime wthin the first two weeks are normal as our body adjusts to the changes – it’s a form of withdrawal. They do go though.

• posted by LeanerNina
    on

Thank you Squidge!

I’m down 5 1/2 lb on the scales after two days! I know it is water, but it is still encouraging to see. The only slightly adverse effect I am noticing is that my legs feel a bit achey – I don’t know if that is anything to do with the adjustment to the new way of eating, or it could be totally unrelated. I haven’t done any additional exercise apart from my usual walking on the journey to work, but I will go to the gym tomorrow and do a gentle workout. I am recovering from a foot injury abut 7 weeks ago (plantar fasciitis) so that is deterring me from exercising too much, but I still want to get back in to it.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Well done on the weight loss!

I’ve not heard of aching legs being a side effect of this diet. I think you’re right to be gentle with the exercise to start with – both because of the injury and as your body will be adjusting to the diet.

• posted by tom1985
    on

Well done on beating day 1!

I’ll echo the tired legs comments. Some days I feel like I could run a marathon – other days my legs feel like dead weight!

Would be interesting for me to examine what I’ve eaten in the preceding days – but hey ho!

Keep up the good work!

• posted by alliecat
    on

LeanerNina, you are powering through this! Good job 🙂 As soon as your body switches to
    fat burning, you will feel fantastic!!!

Allie

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    I came across an interesting snippet of info the other day. Cramps or muscle pain when not exercising is caused by magnesium deficiency, if the aches occur during exercise its potassium deficiency.

• posted by LeanerNina
    on

Thanks all for the encouragement!
    For me, I don’t think the tired legs are a magnesium deficiency as I eat a wide variety of veg – inc green leafys – plus take a whole food multivit/mineral and have done for a long time. Interesting piece of info though.

Please log in or register to post a reply.