Day 1. Am I doing okay?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by StudentnurseSOS
    on

Hi,
    Im coming to the end of day 1 of the BSD. I am 11stone 8 and want to be 9 stone. I am also vegan and have hypothyroidism.

My day 1 stats are:
    744 calories
    47g carbohydrate (25%)
    39g protein (23%)
    42g fat (52%)
    I am likely to use my remaining calories on some baked tofu which will also bring my protein up.

Can anyone comment on whether this looks okay?
    Previous to this I did slimming world and probably ate over 200grams carbs, ive set my limit for this at 50g and today its mainly accumulated from f&v.

Actually coping okay with the reduced carbs, did struggling a bit to remember to use extra virgin olive oil instead of frylight though!

Also to clarify (I have ordered the book but its in the post) am i supppsed to follow the BSD for eight weeks minimum, maximum or until i’ve reached my target.
    Thanks to you all, loving being able to eat houmous again!

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi and welcome.

It’s 8 weeks minimum (although obviously no one is forcing you to stay on it.) If you’ve not reached your target by then, which many don’t, you can continue – either just carry on, or maintain for a while and then do another 8 weeks.

on

Thanks for your reply.
    I doubt i can lose 36 lbs in 8 weeks but will see, dont think I could last longer than 12 weeks though.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Studentnurse – will done on getting that all important first day under your belt. See how you go, but you might find it useful to push the carbs down a little further, as you settle into the BSD, but keep going as you are and see how your weight lose goes over the next few weeks.

Personally I found I stalled/plateaued around week 3 – which is common – and it was pushing the carbs down a bit further, which kick started the lose again. As a slow loser, I continued on a lower carb intake, but we are all individual and as such need to tweak things to suit our own bodies.

Be sure to make good use of the forum and join in on any of the threads you feel relevant to you – you’ll be warmly welcomed. There is a lot of knowledge, wisdom, support and encouragement to be found here which has got many of us to our end goal.

Best wishes for your success and I look forward to reading about your progress.

• posted by Pancita
    on

Hi Student Nurse,
    You’re doing fine!
    But watch your fruit.
    Sometimes people say “fruit and vegetables” like they’re the same, all good. A little low-sugar fruit should be a wee treat, for pudding or as part of your meal, whereas vegetables, especially green leafy ones, should be the mainstay of your diet.
    This week I watched a podcast by Gary Fettke about fruit, interesting, Google it and have a listen.
    Also discovered crispy Kale, you probably already have but if not, do!

Best wishes in nursing and dieting xx

on

Thankyou both. I have been watching the fruit, and prefer to fill up on veg. I love f&v a lot.

Onwards to day 2

X

on

Argh
    Day 2 started off very badly and im at 500 cals and over on carbs.
    Going to make lunch and tea very low carb and limited cals. Going to aim to keep cals under 1000.
    Day 3, 4 and every day following will be much better!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Studentnurse – don’t be hard on yourself, it’s early days and you haven’t settled in yet. Remember that this is a marathon not a sprint and there will be days when you are over the 800, but equally, over the weeks there will be days when you are under as well. If you can manage to limit yourself to 1000 today, all well and good, but if doing so might drive you to unplanned snacking later, better to allow yourself a few extra planned cals. At lest that way you will know what you have eaten and can look to claw back a little over the coming days. Try to watch the carbs though if you can.

I’m sure things will get easier over the coming days and each day is a new start with a clean slate, so stay positive.

Please log in or register to post a reply.