Dates

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by EternalOptimist
    on

In your book, Michael, you mention that consuming 2 dates are the equivalent of eating 2 (or was it 3) pundits of strawberries. But I noticed in Sarah’s ‘Guilt-Free Chocolate Brownies’ recipe, in the same book, that it calls for 5 dates! Please can you advise whether this is correct and that either I can use these as a snack without going overboard. Thank you.

• posted by Chameleonbeetle
    on

Dates are the candy of the fruit world and are quite sugary. There are other fruits you’re able to use instead. It is advised to steer clear of them because it is hard to stop at one.

• posted by Narisya
    on

I too am looking for clarification on this as I have just started the diet a week ago. On the first day as I was sitting at my desk in the office, I did have a date as a snack but only one date. Afterwards, as I was reading the book, I saw that dates were not recommended. Then as EternalOptimist noted, the guilt free brownie recipe had dates as an ingredient to them. I am confused – should I stay away from that recipe even if it is part of the book? Can anyone help clear this up?

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi, Like you I was initially puzzled by the recipes and what was is there compared to the 800 list. I think the explanation is that the recipes are for all parts of the diet including the 5:2 and maintenance phases. Stick to what was said in the section on 800 and use the recipes that stick to those principles. Dates are certainly very sugary, so I would not have them in this phase.
    Hope that helps.

• posted by Narisya
    on

Thanks very much orchid! That helped a lot.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Narisya, I love dates – or I did!! But I would advise staying off those sweet recipes until you have reached your goal. Then make some if you can’t resist – but freeze the rest so you are not too tempted!! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.