Data and Diary Stored privately

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Goldenvizsla
    on

I have read the book from cover to cover and am very keen to get started on the BSD. However, whilst I am normally IT competent, I cannot find online the diary Michael refers to in the book, where you can keep your measurements, weight, diary etc anonymously on the site. Am I missing something obvious? Any advice from experienced BSDers would be much appreciated. Thank you!

• posted by Michael Rolls
    on

I just use an Excel spreadsheet
    Mike

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

The Fast diet website has such an area that some people use, but more just use threads here to diarise, and other methods to track progress, such as My Fitness Pal and Cronometer or as Michael says, just a spreadsheet.

• posted by kirrilyhahn
    on

that’s a bit disappointing. The book led me to believe I could “store my data safely and anonymously”. Half the problem getting started is knowing what to measure/keep track of!!

• posted by Michael Rolls
    on

What to measure? don’t know if I am typical, but on an Excel s’sheet I record on a daily basis:-
    Calories – all the rest are in grams
    Fat )
    Saturated fat (which is also with total fat)
    Carbs
    Processed suga
    Natural sugar (again both are included in total carbs)
    Fibre
    Protein
    Salt
    And weight of solid food.
    On a separate s’sht I record my weight daily and BS readings – I check my BS twice a week, fasting, pre- and postprandial.
    The reason I keep a check on the total weight of solid food is because I was intrigued by the ‘5 a day’ which morphed into ’10 a day’ advice which regarded a helping as 80 grams – so 400 or 800 grams a day (these are, of course, solid foods). I regard the 10 a day as ridiculous – I don’t eat 800 grams a day total – averaging a little under 600! Don’t think much more of the 5 a day, when fruit – high in sugar – features markedly in it. For example, 80 grams of apple contains around 8 grams of sugar. My TOTAL sugar intake, processed and natural combined, is only 12 grams a day!
    Hope that helps
    Mike

Please log in or register to post a reply.