Daniel's 8 Week Dieting Diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Day 56
    Tuesday September 13 2016

Weight: 323 pounds

In 56 days I lost almost 20 pounds.

Well, that is quite an achievement. It is september and fattening up the stomach again is very near:

Trick Or Treat
    Thanksgiving (3500 calories the average eaten on that Thursday)
    Christmas
    Channukah potato Latkes and chocolate Gelt
    New Year’s Resolution

My Resolution would be to keep LOSING!

About 3 pounds a week is my average.

So, 12 pounds a month.

September to new years Eve is 4 Months. 4 times 12 = 48 pounds. So, I should be 275 by New Year’s Eve singing Aud Land Zine with Champagne everywhere.

So Then 6 months later in June 2017, I should lose another 75 pounds. Then I will be 200 pounds. A good 20 pounds to go on losing.

So, June I will be doing my shopping for new clothes.
    10+ suits
    20 + Thomas Mason Custom Dress Shirts Shirts
    12+ Dresses for the Lady of The House
    20+ Blouses for The Misses also

Scabal, Vitale Barberis Canonico, J & j Minnis, Loro Piana, John G Hardy, Burberry, Dormeuil, Holland and Sheery would be my top choices.

I think I like best:
    Holland and Sherry
    H. Lesser and Sons
    Dormeuil
    Burberry
    Scabal

But Vitale Barberis is quite very good for their Fresco fabrics for the dreaded summer heat. Atleast 4 of them would be Fresco and maybe one Seersucker for casual days in summer. The rest would be very conservative windowpane and herringbone style suits.

I never knew it would take planning to buy a new wardrobe. Months of planning. It is like I am planning to move to the moon.
    I would say I would do the shopping in Palermo, sicily in July. It would take a good 4-6 weeks to finish after the third fitting for all of the stuff. for both of us. I would be down the sea a few miles in Malta doing some even more serious shopping…… And it ain’t clothing!!!! Atleast they speak English there, but drive on the wrong side of the road!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Good work Stud! Your shopping plan sounds like fun! Always enjoy your lively posts! Julia

on

Thanks CaliforniaGirl! I hope I have some form of hope and invigorating enthusiasm in your long term goals. But the best long term goal is:

Cut the goal into 5-10 smaller goals. You make it easier to achieve it.

I hope you finish your goals easily. Remember what the Beach Boys once said:

She’ll have fun, fun, fun til daddy takes the T BIRD AWAY!

Or did I mean California Girls??????? Well, both songs are great classics!

Good Luck!

on

Day 57
    wedensday 14 september 2016

Breakfast: None

Lunch: 1 cup potato salad

Snacks:
    2 velveeta slices
    2 apple
    1 peach
    3 celery stalks with salsa

Dinner:
    beef broth soup
    sloppy joe on mixed veggies

Well, i am on a search for my long johns. Summer is saying goodbye to me with the chill this morning at 53 degrees. No more sweating to death. No more Seersucker wearing. Clothing gets changed and more conservative clothes now. Soon i will be saying hello to my cardigans again.

Summer is over. the US OPEN is over. And my Jersey Shore adventures is gone. That is what sucks on Labor Day. Beaches closed. Back to school. Everyone gets back to their normal everyday zombie life in the matrix. Gets colder and more indoors. Less jogging at afternoon energy bursts. Eating more pecan pie and drinking hard egg nog. Wow! where did the calories come from? How did I gain 6 pounds in December?????

Well, that is the problems with grey skies and blizzards.

on

Day 58
    Thursday 15 September 2016

Lunch: 4 Egg Spanish Omlette

Snacks:
    2 apples
    1 Peach
    Sunflower seeds ( i eat like Tweety Bird)
    2 Celery Stalks with Cream Cheese

Dinner:
    2 Bowls of beef broth (lots of veggies in it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpqqjU7u5Yc

Cause I’m living in a word of love????? More like living in a world of weight loss. Almost 2 months….. 8 weeks. I should hit 24 pounds lost next week…I Hope!

Then my average is 3 pounds a week. If I can lose all that weight then I shall live according to the Vulcan Creed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1qa8N2ID0

Nothing else on TV after SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER. So, I am lazily watching the end of ALL THE PRESIDENTS MEN. These are two of my favorite movies of all time. Yeh, it is up there with Magnificent Seven. I can not fathom watching Denzel Washington replacing Yul Brenner. No WAY HOSEA! And Steve McQueen!

They are making all these 4 star classic films all over and they are all FLOPS! I did not even want to see the Ben Hur movie. It lasted less than a month. Now if they make a remake of Paul Newman and Redford’s THE STING, I might lose my mind and go insane. And then when they do THE DIRTY DOZEN remake…….

Oh Well, I will be out of control. I might turn into Idi Amin or Trotsky! There is nothing that will stop me then. NOTHING! There is only one thing that will do me a calming down: The Sweetest Place On Earth……………. HERSHEYPARK!

Yeh, that is my number one Kryptonite! Hollywood crapola movies is not my yearning. What next????? They going to make another An Affair To Remember????? Who can they compare to Cary Grant today!?????? He is my role model on the Gentleman’s Dress Code! he even wore a collar pin.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Daniel, high fives on your good results, I am not planning my shopping yet. OH said I should buy some new clothes and I said no, no, not yet!. How many women say that?

Cary Grant -wonderful. I have no idea why they remake wonderful movies

on

Thanks Ruth. Wait a sec….. Ruth was a woman in The bible with Naomi, The mother in law she loved! LOL You… A Woman….and you say no to shopping???? That is like me saying to the bartender…. nah, no more beer for me; one is just enough! LOL

As a guy, I found Cary Grant as one of the best looking actors with lots of charisma. As a guy I said! Clark gable is another with such characteristics……. Mostly because of the old adage: CLOTHES MAKE THE MAN!

on

Day 59
    Friday September 16 2016

Lunch: Bowl of Kelloggs Corn Flakes with Moo juice

Snacks:
    2 Apple
    1 Peach
    Sunflower Seeds

Dinner:
    2 Burgers
    1 Sweet Potato
    Atleast 5 Twizzlers (Makes Mouths happy!)

on

Day 60
    Saturday September 17 2017

Breakfast: Kelloggs Corn Flakes With Milk

Lunch: Greek Yogurt with blueberries
    3 Ounces Cheddar

Snacks:
    1 cup Cottage Cheese
    1 Apple
    1 Peach
    1 Pear

Dinner:
    2 hamburgers
    French Fries

on

Day 61
    Sunday September 18 2016

Well, well, well. I have been eating up on carbs the last 2 days. The french fries and twizzlers I should have skipped out on. I got constipation from it somewhat today. Yet, my appetite feels a lot less today thanks to finally getting my trace minerals formula:

http://www.devanutrition.com

I started it Saturday when I finally got it when I ordered it 3 weeks ago on Ebay. This is what sucks about buying online. Yet, I finally have it. I started it last night.

This morning, I was not hungry at all. I had a lacking of eating food today until 3 PM when I had my typical 4 egg Spanish Omlette.
    I made my Electrolytes Water for the week. I hope to get a drink of it everyday. I usually forget. And the coconut water I also forget daily. But, it flushes out my liver and other organs when drinking the mineralized drink.

Dinner was nothing since I ate so late. I ate l;ate also because I got up at 10 AM in the morning. OMG! this is why I hate staying up too late. But it was worth it when getting my Flamingo and Tango back into motion. I hate these bars that anyone can go to in their jeans or sweat pants. I am quite amazed they have such fancy bar joints still around. Sadly, I have to go back to Berlin for finding Cabarets and a few Jazz Clubs. That was such a fun city in my pot smoking graduate school days! Oh, 10 years ago feels like It was longer ago. LOL

I must be aging! OMG! I am getting older! I better starting saving my hair when I go to the barber shop. LOL I doubt I will look like Uncle Fester any time soon. Well, gotta go

I finished watching Trump and Hillary (Clowns for president) in the Show THE CIRCUS. Time for RAY DONOVAN in 3 minutes!
    Season finale so i have one word for you:

ADIOS! (Adieu!)

on

Day 61
    Sunday September 18 2016

Breakfast: none

Lunch: 4 Egg Spanish omlette

Snacks: None

Dinner:
    2 Apples
    Handful Sunflower Seeds

I ate lunch very late today. Got up at 10 Am and ate the omlette at 3 PM.

Maybe if I can keep such eating habits possible, I can lose 6 or more pounds a week. I feel I am going very slow at the pace I am at now. I should really get more moving into the final goals. If I can not meet that goal, then I can not get any bespoke clothes in summer.

I really need to get new shoes also. barker Shoes look like best for the price for bespoke shoes. I can not fathom having these cheap made shoes anymore. My foot will get smaller too with the weight loss. So, I am waiting for the EEE size to shrink also.

on

Day 62
    Monday September 19 2016

Lunch:
    3 Ounces cheddar
    1 Cup Greek Yogurt with Blueberries

Snack:
    carrots and hummus
    1 Cup Cottage Cheese

Dinner:
    2 Burgers
    One Sweet Potato

on

Day 62

Well, felling slight constipated today still from my splurging on corn flakes and twizzlers this weekend. when the hell will i ever learn??? Well, eating more back to normal now. I might do the milk of magnesia tomorrow morning. The algae drink is doing wonders for me every noon time. It is like energy bursting and I even notice better sight and less tooth pain from this power drink.

I had 2 apples, 1 pear also today for the fiber boost. I hope it works for better digesting.

Well, gotta go since LUCIFER is on soon. Nothing like the Man Of Hell living in LALA LAND (LA). Driving there is pretty close to hell. 🙂

on

Day 63
    Tuesday 20 September 2016

Lunch:
    3 ounces Cheddar
    1 Cup Cottage Cheese

Snacks:
    3 Celery Stalks with Cream Cheese
    2 Apples

Dinner:
    15 Meatballs
    Acorn Squash

on

Day 63

Everything seems back to normal now. I am starting to walk a lot further now. Well, not further. The same route on Highway takes me 5 minutes less than the time it took 4 weeks ago. I guess I am no long THE KOOL AID GUY. Well, I have 120 pounds to go on my long term goal. I need to get my act into motion for my HUGE shopping spree I am hoping to do in KGB LAND: RUSSIA

http://mytailor.ru/en/

Yeh, that is the famed IMPERIAL TAILOR. Is Putin, Kuschchev and Gorbachev use this fine tailor for their amazing clothes, why not a simpleton like myself?

Yeh, there are a lot cheaper in Phillipines, India, and thailand. yet, the quality and masterwork is not the same and Euopean craftmanship. The only other place to go in Sicily. But, I have a huge language barrier problems with Italy. Russian is not great, but I can order a screwdriver with russian vodka …. no problem! 🙂

So, I need to get more into motion and change the eating habits more again. Too much cheese and dairy. I really should do some more cooking with tofu also. But, i only use the NON GMO Tofu because so much of soy beans is GMO thanks to Monsanto. The news today scared the crap out of me today…… Deutsche Bank is walking the plank and them Pirate are ready to give the bank an AHOY MATE and JUMP SHIP! Thankfully, I stuck a few bucks in other currencies than EUROZONE. I am taking everything out other than a 6 month living expense in EU. Of course I am going off topic now.

Time or Jeopardy!

Cheerio

Weight: 322 (loss of one pound)

on

Day 64
    Wednesday 21 September 2016

Lunch:
    1 Cup Greek yogurt with blueberries
    3 Ounce Sharp Cheddar

Snacks:
    1 apple
    1 Peach

Dinner:
    2 bowl Chicken Soup

on

Day 64

Nothing beats a good bowl of chicken soup… or any soup really. even when it is 82 F, a bowl of soup calms the day away. I am thinking of ways to cut the cheddar and hard cheese out. Replacement with something else would be great. i can not eat a can of tuna every day. One loses the appetite.

I have not started using Tofu yet. I should make some Miso Soup from it. It gets challenging finding new things to eat and try. Remember, HersheyPark is the sweetest place on earth! But, what can we do when we give up our sugar appetites? I can not fathom how long it has been since I had a Boston Cream donut at Dunkin Donuts. Nor, a piece of cheesecake or Krispy Kreme.

One stays on this lifestyle for 2 months. And then want to go back to the bad eating habits we see in life and tv ads. It is all challenges in life.

on

Day 65
    Thursday 22 September 2016

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF FALL! YAY!!!

Lunch: 1 Cup Greek yogurt with strawberries

Snacks:
    4 ounces Mozzarella
    2 Apple
    1 Peach

Dinner:
    Chicken Breast
    Acorn Squash
    Chicken Soup

on

Day 65

I really hit it hard on the cheese attacks. I can not fathom what the reason for this is. I just keep munching on it today. I surely could use a new way to get into the locomotion. Yeh, like the song. what would Dr. Phil do? Actually, he would get some rogaine for his baldy spot. LOL

I really should keep it up on 3 pounds a week. It really is not as FAST as the book said. It is actually a lot of crapola. One can not do
    such a pound a day because they are nutrient lacking from no food.

How on earth do you think I can do this for the next 8 months? I have so many aches from this eating. Those crispy mozzarella sticks when at TGI Fridays is a no no. Boy, this is not for the social butterfly types. It was challenging enough at the US OPEN for 2 weeks. Everything in moderation.

on

Hi Daniel

I have one word for you ‘vegetables’ Lots and lots of low starch veggies with pepper, and a little salt and a very little oil or butter or shaving of cheese – not 4 ounces! or whatever flavouring you like. You will pad out your meals and take longer to eat them and feel fuller and happier at the end of them. Do you put lots in your soup? Do you fill up your Spanish omelette with peppers and onions and ….. anything. I have discovered I adore cauliflower plain without cheese sauce and broccoli and aubergine and zucchini are very filling and tasty as well

Look at the recipes in MM’s book and pad them out with lots more low starch veg.

Good luck.

Ruth

on

ps I eat lots of seeds and some nuts as well ços I like them and for the fibre. Make pancakes with no wheat

on

Day 66
    Friday 23 September 2016

Lunch: 4 Egg broccoli Cheddar Omlette

Snacks:
    1 Peach
    2 Apple
    1 Bosc Pear

Dinner:
    Rib Steak
    Acorn Squash

on

Day 67
    Saturday 24 September 2016

Breakfast: 3 ounce Cheddar

Lunch:
    1 Cup Greek yogurt with Blueberries

Snacks:
    Hummus and carrots
    1 Apple
    1 Pear
    1 Peach
    Sunflower Seeds

Dinner:
    1 Chicken Breast
    Baked Yam
    2 Broccoli Crowns with Hummus

on

Day 68
    Sunday 25 September 2016

Lunch: 4 Egg Spanish omlette

Snacks:
    3 Ounce Hard Cheddar
    2 Apple
    1 Bosc pear

Dinner:
    2 Bowl Chicken Soup

on

Day 68

Today was a picky day for me today….. Yeh, apple picking that is. I have so many to munch on more this week. And next week for 2 days I have to eat the dinner with an apple and honey on it. Many of the customs to bring in the sweet new year. Fishes head is another one.

I am hunting for a good farm around here for apples pears and pumpkins. Found quite a few, i ended up in Hudson, NY and found a few masterpieces at the art galleries worth buying. I am giving some thought on that for a while. Anna Mary Robertson Moses and Hermann Herzog, and Alfred Thompson looked like a few good things to acquire from the reknowned Hudson School. I like Aschram and Barbizon also.

Well, just sitting here watching a rerun of SCANDAL at 8 PM. Waiting for THE CIRCUS and MASTERS OF SEX later on the next show following. Maybe SECRETS AND LIES also. I like the Ellery Queen kind of mysteries.

on

Hi Daniel

I have one word for you ‘vegetables’ Lots and lots of low starch veggies with pepper, and a little salt and a very little oil or butter or shaving of cheese – not 4 ounces! or whatever flavouring you like. You will pad out your meals and take longer to eat them and feel fuller and happier at the end of them. Do you put lots in your soup? Do you fill up your Spanish omelette with peppers and onions and ….. anything. I have discovered I adore cauliflower plain without cheese sauce and broccoli and aubergine and zucchini are very filling and tasty as well

Look at the recipes in MM’s book and pad them out with lots more low starch veg.

Good luck.

Ruth

Thanks for the advice of the veggies. I use a lot of pepper, broccoli, and onion in my omlettes. Veggies are low calorie and bulk in filling that tummy. I need more veggies recipe to use with low carb (No Potato, Tapioka, or corn starches). I got this gluten free cook book but it is for all these starches and sogrum wheat for making cakes and breads. I never eat these anymore. but, I do yearn for a chocolate cake once in a while. I am always looking for others to use than almonds. It is damn expensive for almonds, thus I never use it. I use flax a lot. But, they not so great for cakes and bakery stuff.

It gets bland and boring eating the same stuff every day. I need more variety. What did the Neanderthals do? LOL

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for one of the most entertaining threads on these forums. Like you I am of larger stature – I started at 330lbs seven and a bit weeks ago and am currently at 295 despite a couple of lapses (the burgers at Wayne Gretzky’s in Toronto were really good!). I certainly feel your pain on the dairy front – having lived for several long periods in France I a a cheese addict. I have tried to reduce the quantity but switched to stronger flavoured to get my hit!

I have taken a slightly higher calorie level at around 900-1000 calories and around 50g of carbs. Like you my lifestyle involves lots of sporting and social events and I have become the master of picking the meatiest looking canape and walking around with it for up to 20 minutes to prevent having to eat it or take another!

My 2 cents worth (if it’s even worth that!) might be to drop the four egg omelette to three and replace the volume with leafy vegetables – I’m really into kale, spinach and watercress. Dressed with a simple cider vinegar and mustard dressing, it’s great.

Although I’m not Jewish, I’m fortunate to live very close to a great Jewish Deli and one of my new favourites is my version of gefilte fish (using flax instead of matzo), served in romaine lettuce parcels, topped with roasted peppers. I also use quite a lot of pickled vegetables like Sauerkraut, homemade kimchee or tsukemono for their probiotic qualities which I believe have helped my stomach adjust from a very carb rich diet.

I also adopted a pattern of three twenty minute walks a day at a fairly brisk pace – not sure if it helps but I feel a lot better.

on

Hello Jules:

Thanks for the 2 cents…..could be worth 2 million bux! 🙂 You did quite well 18 pounds a months averaging. Starting with cutting ice cream and wheat/barley infested beer was tough. yet, it just got replaced with eating more salty foods and dairy.

Canadian, eh??? Tim Horton is one coffee spot lacking in Northeast. Likes them a lot better than chicory bitter Starbucks. One of Toronto’s best restaurant’s I have been to many times was:

http://www.scaramoucherestaurant.com/

And of course Number 99 is a good joint you had a tasty time at! Sounds like you live in Thornhill area.

I still have not transformed into tofu eating yet. Well, 10 Am and back to ordering more stuff to sell.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Nope I live in the UK – spent three weeks in Ontario and Quebec on holiday. Definitely agree about Tim Horton’s coffee – developed a bit of an addiction, even bought a pack of the stuff to bring home. Didn’t manage to get to Scaramouche, but we thought Canoe was really good, with some really great taste combinations. I think the kids preferred King Eddy’s in Ottawa.

Only time I move into tofu is with a bit dropped into a cup of miso.

on

Day 75
    Sunday October 2 2016

Lunch: 4 Egg Spanish Omlette

Dinner:
    Minute Steak
    Honeydew with Honey on it
    Apple with Honey
    Star Fruit
    Honey Glazed Baby carrots
    French Fries

First night of Rosh Hashanah, The Jewish New Year. Got to eat sweet things for the sweet new year.

on

Day 76
    Monday October 3, 2016

Breakfast: 4 Egg Spanish Omlette

Lunch: Eclair and fruit salad
    Quarter Honeydew with Cottage Cheese

Dinner:
    Rib Steak
    Cantalope with honey
    Honey Dew with Honey
    Piece of Challah Bread with honey
    Minestrone Soup one bowl

on

Day 77
    Tuesday October 4 2016

Breakfast: 1 Cup Greek yogurt with blueberries

Lunch: 3 Sugar Cookies
    Half Pepper with egg salad and piece of lox on top
    Some ore egg salad

Dinner:
    Slice of Honeydew
    Sweet potato
    2 Hamburgers

on

Day 77

Well, I had quite a sugar burst these 2 days. I have had many honey servings for a sweet new year. Hopefuly, it stays sweet! 🙂 Starvation day is next Wednesday, Yom Kippur. All day in the temple and thinking about food at 3 PM when 4 hours are only left til sundown. It was quite a successful holiday this year in a new city. My first time in an Ashkenazic (Germanic decent) temple. Always been to the Sefardic (Spanish decent) temple for the past 35 years. It was new for a change because of different customs. It is usually a good hour longer in a Sefardic one because of the custom of having an auction for the particiation in the service. This is a 500+ year old custom because of the Inquisition.

Many make a honey cake to eat on Rosh Hashanah. No, not for me. The melon and few cookies was enough for me.

on

Day 78
    Wednesday 5 October 2016

Lunch: None

Dinner: None

Today is Fast of Gedalia, holiday for fasting because the Babolonians (Now Iraq) destroyed the Temple in 443 BC. A god preparation though for the fast on Yom Kippur. Nothing like starving oneself! LOL 300+ pounds I think I will live.

on

Day 79
    Thursday 6 October 2016

Lunch: None

Dinner: Sloppy Joe on zuccini

Nothing like extending the fast for another day. 48 hour fast and still alive. I am just proof that when you get rid of barley rye and wheat, you can live long time without feeling starvation only 3 hours later. I feel like a Neanderthal when they fasted for days or weeks for not finding food. 130 now and 5 more hours til sundown and can eat again!

Maybe Sunday and Monday will be another 48 hour fast. Why doing this fasting? This is the most important 10 days. New year to Yom Kippur. These are The Days of Penitence. After Yom Kippur fast is over, it is a new clean slate for all Jews……. Sins forgiven and one starts a new year with improvements in their lifestyle and their mores.

For those who are Jewish reading this:

May you and your loved ones be incribed in The Book Of Life with a good year of Parnassah and Refuah Shelaymah!

on

Day 79

An Email Message To All Jews On The Blood Sugar Diet For Good Health

Blessings for a New Year To All Jews From All Four Corners

The Jewish new year is not just a time to renew our resolve to lose another fifteen pounds. Rather, it’s the time when our fate stands in the balance as G‑d reviews our past year and decides whether or not to renew our lease on His planet. As such, Jewish greetings for this time of year (the Jewish New Year is in the fall) reflect our prayers for a good, sweet year up ahead.

The catch-all greeting you can use for the entire season is “Shanah tovah” (שנה טובה), which means “Good year.” The word “u’metuka” (ומתוקה), and sweet, is sometimes appended to the end.

Here are some other greetings that you may hear:

Before Rosh Hashanah, people wish each other “Ketivah v’chatima tovah”(כתיבה וחתימה טובה) “A good inscription and sealing [in the Book of Life].” On Rosh Hashanah eve, as we return from synagogue service, it is traditional to greet one another with “Leshana tovah tikatev v’tichatem” (לשנה טובה תכתב ותחתם). When greeting a female, this is modified to“Leshana tovah tikatevee v’tichatemee” (לשנה טובה תכתבי ותחתמי). This means, “May you be written and sealed for a good year.”

From noon on Rosh Hashanah, when our fates are already written, until Yom Kippur, when our fates for the coming year are to be sealed, we wish each other “Gemar chatimah tovah” (גמר חתימה טובה), “A good final sealing.”

Now for the Yiddish version: The standard wish is for “A gut gebentsht yohr,” “A good and blessed year” (א גוט געבענטשט יאהר). And since tradition tells us that our fate is not really sealed until Hoshanah Rabba, the customary salutation for that day is “A gutten kvittl” (א גוט’ן קוויטל), “A good inscription.”

No matter what we say, the main thing is to wish each other a good, sweet year with all our heart – because that is what G‑d values the most.
    …And may you –and us all- be blessed with peace.

May you, your loved ones, and Bnei Yishrael be inscribed in The Book Of Life with good Parnassah, Refuah Sheleimah, and Beriot Tov!!!

Shanah Tova U’Metukah

on

Day 80
    Friday October 9 2016

Lunch: Broccoli Crown with Chummus

Dinner:
    Spare Rib
    Potato Knish
    Baked Yam

on

Day 81
    Saturday October 10 2016

Breakfast: 4 Egg Spanish Omlette

Lunch: Broccoli crown with salsa

Snacks:
    Peach
    2 Apples
    Bosc Pear
    Sunflower seeds

Dinner: 1 Cup Greek Yogurt with blueberries

on

Day 82
    Sunday October 11 2016

Tried to start the day as a fast day. But, I just had no willpower for it. So I had my omlette. I find it challenging to control one’s hunger pains. Getting such the will for doing a 48 hour fast is challenging, eventhough the grains are outside of my system. Practice make perfect. I do a 48 hour fast before. Then I eat like I have never eaten food in my life.

Cutting the cheddar helped. But, losing is still slow. I take the probiotics and eat prebiotics daily. I really have not eaten much more or prebiotics. It does get somewhat expensive buying all this stuff and then it spoils. I still suffer from the sweet tooth when eating 3 fruit in one day. But, it is not a Mars Bar or beer or even a dunkin donut.

Everything is trial and error.

• posted by shalimar
    on

When you say you are fasting is it a complete fast …. or are you talking about the 800 cal fast?? I’ve been on fasts before, up to 3 weeks … drinking coffee, tea, broth … and vegetable juice if i was really feeling hungry at work. I used to enjoy fasting …. last month i did not.

What is in your Spanish Omelette … i’ve never made one myself although i have had one in a restaurant.

on

Fasting is a day of 0 calories. Just water to prevent dizziness and fainting. coffee and tea is 0 also.
    800 calories is not what I call a fast. It is more like a cut in food.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Just wondered because your fast did sound like a real fast. Do you like the discipline of total fasting? I have recently acquired some books on fasting for spiritual reasons …. but i’ve usually only done a fast for dietary reasons … and because i used to feel quite cleansed and almost euphoric.

on

Daniel, a good and blessed year to you from an old Aussie goyim. Glad to see you are still working towards that new wardrobe.

I know you are fasting for your soul, but it seems it does cause good physical things too, like reduced insulin and cell repair among other things

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Daniel

Your posts often sound as though you’re really struggling at times. Do you actually count calories and carbs? If not it may be a good idea for a week, just 7 days, to see exactly what you are eating. Fatsecret.com, there are other counters, will show you all the nutrients fats, proteins, carbs, calories etc. Just a thought but it may be an idea to set yourself a high end target of maybe 75-100g carbs and 1000-1200 calories at first. Its amazing how many carbs there are in some fruits etc.

Shanah Tovah to you from the UK!

Please log in or register to post a reply.