Dairy free

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Grace60
    on

Can I do this diet dairy free?

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

You might have the will power to do so but why would you unless you are lactose intolerant for real. I reckon that you would have to consume more of olive oil and other fat to keep the fats and oils intake at high enough levels.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

If you are indeed badly affected by dairy, you could still do the BSD.

I think the biggest miss you would find is cheese, which is high in fat and protein but low in carbs, which is where we are aiming. Milk (in coffee and tea) and yoghurt are optional of course.

If you get an app such as MyFitnessPal you could check your 800 calories with the food you like to eat.

Keep carbs to 30-50g, if you can, and then protein and fat need to be added within your calories to get to the 800 target.

Hope that helps

• posted by Grace60
    on

Thanks for your replies, they were helpful. I recently discovered that dairy is affecting my sinusus so I’ve avoided it for about a year now. I thought the dairy was important in the BSD diet, was just wondering how to get around it. Although I could manage having the diet with dairy, like you say the cheese is important, and see how I go. It will be interesting to see how I get on.

• posted by Apollo29
    on

Just wondering how you faired on a dairy free version of the diet?

Please log in or register to post a reply.