Daily Mail 12-page pull-out – Diabetes recipes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi All
    Just thought I’d flag up for those in the UK that today’s Daily Mail has a pull-out on ‘the delicious way to beat diabetes’ – apparently it’s the first in a series they’ll be running. It’s written by a chef who used low carb to put his Type II diabetes in remission along with David Unwin, the Southport GP who treats his patients with low carb. It’s mostly recipes and clearly selling a book but if you’re going out to buy a newspaper anyway it might be worth a look.

Jennie

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Thanks, Scottishgal
    I really must get with the technological age!

Oddly, I’ve just looked at the link and it’s actually different from what’s in the supplement although Dr Unwin is clearly talking about the same thing. I guess it’s being used as a pointer towards the supplement.

Btw, I’ve just been reading the supplement and the message in it is pretty good in terms of accuracy about low carb which is a nice change and I guess what you’d expect from something where David Unwin is involved. (I like the man) Great that the right messages are getting out!.

Some of the recipes are a bit high carb for me but that’s because I’m very low carb. Generally, look good.

Jennie xx

for general info – the series continues in the Daily Mail every day next week.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Dr Unwin has some good ayou Tube talks too. Just put his name in the search to find them.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi AnnieW
    Yes, I know you and I share a liking for him, and his take on bananas!
    I’m going to sit down next week and have a look at a few of them, thanks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.