Cut out the crap & 3 weeks in & 10lbs lighter. 1250 calories per day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dogrunner
    on

Hi. Sorry to sound like a smug arse but this seems to work for me & my wife. I was a stone & a half overweight to start with. I’m a 53 year old man 6ft tall, (bald & occasionally bearded in case that is relevant!) not fat to look at but my trousers were too tight round the waist & I felt really heavy.
    I think it just suits us, ostrich steak tonight with a huge quantity of broccoli, asparagus & yellow courgette finished in a pan with a chilli & a garlic clove fried in olive oil & 1 glass of red.
    We have done the bolognese and chilli from the book with quorn & 5% beef mince & many of the other recipes.
    The main changes to diet are 1 glass of red not a bottle!
    No biscuits,cakes, sneaky toast & marmalade
    No beer “sad face”
    BASICALLY I CAN’T EAT RUBBISH ON THIS DIET & IT IS EASY
    MFP says carbs are averaging 100g per day for me so plenty of energy. Jogging and cycling plus the usual golf and daily dog walks help.
    Fasting blood thingy down from 6.3 to 5.5
    Weight down from 13st 5.8 to 12st 7.5
    BP down from 145/90 to 117/67
    I’m sleeping better
    Every toilet sit down is great – sparing the detail but awesome.
    MFP to track calories.

Hoping everyone else has such good results

• posted by CosmicGoddess
    on

What great results! You must be feeling very pleased and motivated and the food you are eating sounds absolutely gorgeous.

This is inspiring for me too as, like me, you have a moderate about of weight to lose and you’re eating lovely meals with a glass of wine and are not sticking strictly to the 800 cals which I find quite difficult and yet have had a great loss! Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.