Cravings

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hollyg94
    on

Hello 👋🏽

So I started the BSD last Monday and I have lost 7 pounds yay!

The first week was enjoyable however until yesterday I had the “carb flu”; I felt sluggish, head aches, waking up tired. However I am now feeling energetic, had 2 excellent nights sleep and my mind feels better (sugar makes me anxious…although Ive had a history of binging on it!)

Anyways last night I had chicken and weighed myself 30 grams of boiled rice. However this wasn’t whole grain. I’ve tend to keep my carbs low and have had a bit of quinoa and fruit and veg but that’s where they’ve come from.

Tonight I found myself having whole grain cous cous (still within my calories) and a slice of terrys chocolate orange- definitely off plan! But my cravings got the best of me!

I want to carry on losing and feel like I can say no, as before last night I wasn’t craving and loved that feeling! Anyone got any tips how to not slip up…especially early on!

Thank you 😊😊

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Hollyg94,
    I would recommend watching some of the podcasts that you will find links to on the Take a look at this thread. – Particularly the link I posted earlier this year to a podcast by Dr Bikman, or those by Dr Fung. – They explain how carbs raise insulin levels which blocks your body from accessing your fat stores as a source of energy, so your body then craves more food. While most of us started via the BSD we also share between us articles more recent articles which cover the research as it is published.
    By understanding the science it makes it easier to understand the benefit of completely cutting your carb intake back. – I would recommend completely cutting out all the “great whites” type carbs. Rice, grains, bread, pasta, potatoes etc..
    Then install one of the apps on your phone like fatsecret so that you can enter everything you are thinking of eating and get the information on the macros, carbs, protein and fat in the diet. – Aim for a target of a maximum of 50g of carbs a day, moderate protein, and the rest of your cals from fat initially but some people have found that they have to be below 20g of carbs to consistantly loose weight.

Please log in or register to post a reply.