Claire Updates!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Clparsonz
    on

Hi All

Well, I thought I’d update everyone with my progress…4 weeks low carb with 3 of that the BSD….and drumroll…I’ve lost 15lbs…Hoorah!!

My blood sugars have dropped dramatically too…from a reading of 13’s when I was first diagnosed to regularly in the 5’s and 6’s now.
    I do suffer from the morning spikes, so I’d welcome advice there.

So, 4 weeks in and I’m feeling great. Loving exercising, I’m doing 30 minute Hiit sessions in the gym…abit more hardcore that MM, the hunger has subsided, so quite often in the evening I am forcing myself to eat something. A cake or sugary confectionary hasn’t passed my lips for 4 weeks. I went out with my girlfriends on weekend 2 and drank a lot which spiked my weight and took a week to recover; as a consequence I have decided not to have anymore alcohol till the 8 weeks is up…why put all the effort in and have it ruined in one night?!!

I am trying to stick between 800-900cals and most days eat around 30g of carbs.

I had a really nice comment from my mentor at work today…he hadn’t seen me for a few weeks and said “what have you been unto you look really glowing and healthy”…so there is obviously some other good benefits too!!

Will report in again soon,
    TTFN
    Claire 🙂

• posted by PallyAlly
    on

That’s amazing, well done!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

The morning spikes can be cured by having a bedtime snack. I go for a bit of ham or some tuna on a ryvita (not sure if thats allowed but it is less than 2gm carb). Or sometimes I save a little of my lunch or dinner to eat. Tells your body your not starving so stops your liver from pumping out glycogen.

• posted by Clparsonz
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl, I’ll have aa go at that; it defo spikes over night.
    This week has been plateau week but keeping the faith as I know I haven’t gone off track. Intermittent fasting today; just had my first meal and I’ll have my dinner about 6ish. I didn’t mean to fast exactly but just didn’t feel hungry, so decided not to just eat for the sake of it.

Claire

• posted by Clparsonz
    on

Hi Everyone
    I thought I would update my progress; on week 6 of low carb and week 5 of BSD.
    All together i have lost 22lbs and my blood sugars have dropped dramatically from around 13 when first diagnosed to averaging around 6.
    I try and stick to around 30g of carbs a day and between 800-900 cals. However, I decided to increase my carb intake yesterday as I was adding some weight training into my exercise plan. Well, I wont do that again…I was hungry all day, my appetite went through the roof…my blood sugars didn’t though. How odd!!

Anyway, carrying on with my journey…..
    Claire 🙂

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Great results Claire, keep it up!!

Am looking to see similar results

Please log in or register to post a reply.