Christmas Belles

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii DCT Thanks for asking about DD.. Shes still with us,thats the main thing,but its been a scary time for all of us.
    Her bloodtests have come back good,but still waiting to hear about 24 hour heart test and 24 hr bp test she had to do a day or two ago. Shes very tired and headachey and her right side is still very weak,cant use it much. Had a massage yesterday which hopefully will help a bit. Disgusted with her workplace,they have ignored problems with electrics in her office for months. Incredible in this day and age isnt it to let that happen to your staff.
    Anyhoo…Sending love and crimbo hugs to all ! ☃️🎉☃️🎉☃️🎉☃️🎉 XXXX stay warm and well everyone XXX

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

So awful Yowzer. I hope and pray she makes a full recovery and that you take some time to look after yourself too.

Hello to everyone else too. Hope you have a positive week and look forward to regrouping in the new year xx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello everyone
    I’ve been MIA as looking after my MIL’s health and interests is taking up all my time when I’m not working – thanks for asking DCT 🙂
    Yowzer – so sorry to read about your daughter, hope she is getting better.
    Linda – although I haven’t been posting replies I have enjoyed reading about your travels,’and you’ve inspired me to start planning some travels in 2023.

As for me – MIL is ok but unfortunately the whole experience of her fall and subsequent hospital stay has accelerated her dementia so much so that she can no longer live independently, so we’ve been looking at aged care homes. The issue for a long time was that MIL didn’t understand and was refusing to contemplate going Into care. This meant we were looking at having to get court orders for guardianship etc. she had episodes of Delirium which made the situation worse… anyway to cut a long story short she has now accepted that she can no longer live at home and understands she needs to go into aged care, so we’ve been busy researching and visiting facilities – we are hoping to have her settled either before Xmas or shortly after. The hospital she is currently in is a 3 hour return trip from where we live,
    But there is a lovely facility that has a room available that is under 10 minutes drive away, so fingers crossed we’ll get her in there. Going into care will mean either selling or renting her home, so we’ve been busy preparing that.

All this, on top of being involved in a major work project has meant my diet has gone out of the window! I’ve regained some of my losses, but at 88.1kg am still 3kg less than I was at the beginning of the year, so that’s something I guess
    I know lots of us have had personal and family challenges this year, so I for one am looking forward to 2023 and a brand new journey!
    I will post my Christmas Eve weight in a few days time – my revised goal is to be in the 87kgs rather than under 85 so let’s see how we go….

• posted by SueBlue
    on

And just for something fun at Christmas, I saw this on Facebook and thought it would be fun to do here
    🎅🏼Copy/Paste but change what Santa is holding.

🎅🏼
    /🛑\_🍿
    🔴
    / \

• posted by chocolatemonster
    on

hi everyone,
    Good to hear the updates – I’ve slackened off a bit now because I hit goal weight of 80kg last week! Haven’t been inside the 70’s (79.9kg today) for a long time, and that marks 6kg weight loss since October. I’d been desperately trying since April without success, so I’m super pleased it has finally come together. Weeeee! I had a nice few days enjoying some chocolate, extra calories at mealtimes, and stayed static weight-wise. I’m going to go back to fasting Weds-Sat, take 25-26th off entirely, fast 27-28th, then relax and enjoy a few days in ireland with my neice (and my sister, who is a FEEDER and a Great British bake-off worthy home baker) over new year.
    It has been great to see that a) I can achieve the weight loss if I commit and b) I can still relax a little and enjoy the treats without totally losing the plot. I’ve got 3kg to go in the New Year, so I’ll try and channel some of this momentum again. My big goal for next year is to try and make this into a sustainable change for weight maintenance, and not slip back into my previous bad habits.
    Look forward to the final updates later in the week 🙂

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,I’ve just accidentally deleted my post so will just do a quick one:
    Chocolatemonster, well done on reaching your Christmas goal🎉
    Yowzer I was so sorry to hear about your DD,I hope she starts to feel back to normal soon.
    Sueblue, thinking of you and hoping that you are able to find a home close by for your MIL soon.
    Nokie, DCT, I will definitely be back on the bus in the new year.I’m not weighing myself before then as can definitely feel I’ve gained:/
    I hope everyone manages to have some time to relax over Christmas, despite the various things going on in our lives.
    Dawn X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Merry Christmas 🎄 to you all on the bus 🚌

My weight has crept back on I am afraid 😳 but I will be back on the new bus in January 🤗
    Have a good one everyone and well done to those who have lost
    Lv Nokie 💜🎄💜🎅x

• posted by SueBlue
    on

It’s Christmas Eve morning here so I’m dropping in to say Merry Christmas to all my bus buddies 🙂

Yowzer – hope your daughter is continuing to improve.

Chocolate Monster well done on your recent losses!

Dawn, Nokie and everyone else who didn’t quite get to reach their goals – I’ll be joining you on the next bus also – my weigh in this morning was 87.9 so I JUST made it to my re-revised, revised goal of under 88kg… my original end of 2022 goal was to reach 80kg, but hey there’s always next year!

My MIL is doing well, she moves into her room at the aged care facility next Thursday, she is taking it all quite well considering how violently opposed she was to the idea a few weeks ago. I have next week off of work so can get her room ready and be there to help settle her in.

We’ve all had our challenges this year, and I think that it’s testament to our strength and determination that we are all here together still, continuing our health and weight loss journeys 🙂

So I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and New Year! I for one am going to eat, drink and be merry – I’ll see you on the other side! 🎄🤶💐☃️🍷🍾🍺🍸🥂

on

Hi everyone

Just want to say Happy Christmas to you all. This journey has been a mixed bag for me. At one point I was doing really well, and the pounds were beginning to melt away. But then I got waylaid for all kinds of reasons …..

I’m feeling very positive about restarting in January, and confident about achieving my goal. I experienced recent weight loss on this journey, and know what I need to do to lose. But right now am not feeling well – have one of the dreaded lurgies going around, so am fretting about whether to head off tomorrow to see my mother (94!) as planned. A no-win situation ☹️

But wishing all my lovely friends on here a wonderful holiday season, and whatever happens over the next few days I will set up a new thread on Monday 2nd January for anyone else who also wants to keep going!

Lots of love to you all and I’ll be in touch soon XX

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi everyone
    Just dropping in to say merry Christmas and a huge Thankyou to all of you on the 🚎 bus
    I haven’t got to my goal and although I am disappointed with myself I am going to enjoy Xmas and start again in January with you all thanks dream come true for setting up a new bus for us to go on 🎄💜
    Have a good one all of you
    Lv nokie 🎄🎄🎄💜💜💜🤶

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi everyone
    Just dropping in to say merry Christmas and a huge Thankyou to all of you on the 🚎 bus
    I haven’t got to my goal and although I am disappointed with myself I am going to enjoy Xmas and start again in January with you all thanks dream come true for setting up a new bus for us to go on 🎄💜
    Have a good one all of you
    Lv nokie 🎄🎄🎄💜💜💜🤶

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! Popping in to say a quick Crimbo-hello to all xxxx
    Thanks for all yr kind wishes for DD,she’s struggling as her right side is still very weak and trembly,this and headaches are making her life difficult. Trying to help her as much as i can,hopefully this will pass soon 🙏🙏
    As for weight loss,i think i initially lost about six lbs on this trip then regained about three of them🙄 and no doubt the next few days will add more …
    I’ll be back on the bus with a new perspective 2 nd Jan.. Ive got a book about emotional eating which says if you fix that,you will fix your weight problem…we will see…
    In the meantime..!
    MERRRRRRR-Y CHRISTMAS to my fellow traveller friends,one and all,wishing you lots of festive fun! XX❄️🎉☃️
    Hope you will soon be better and ready for christmas DCT xx! ❤️Very well done CHOCMONSTER on reaching yr goal!xx 💜💕 SUEBLUE my Santa has gift bags! Xx🥰 love to DAWN!NOKIE! and the rest of the gang XX
    🎅🏼
    /🛑\_🛍
    🔴
    / \

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi all on bus 🚌 🤗
    Hope you all had a good Christmas 🎄 and are now ready to climb aboard the January 🚌 has anyone decided what it’s going be called?? I really need to reserve my 💺 seat now as I have eaten too much naughty things 🤣
    Happy new year to you all and have a good New Year’s Eve
    Cheers 🥂 to you all here’s to a good 2023
    Lv nokie xx🥂🎉

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hii NOKIE,and all xx hope your Christmas was festive and cheery and youre now enjoying Twixmas!
    See you all on board the January bus. Will try to think of some name suggestions. Anybody have any thoughts on it?
    Is our Master of Ceremonies DCT happy to set new thread up again? 🙏❤️
    “ May the dream of peace take flight across the world “
    🐝 ¨*• ¸🌼¸¸ 💞🐝*•.¸🌼¨*•💞¸🌼¸¸ 🐝 ¨*• ¸🌼¸¸ 💞🐝*•.¸ ¸🌼¨*•
    Ps Thanks for kind thoughts on DD,shes slowly getting a bit better day by day xx

on

Hi Nokie and Yowzer, lovely to hear from you. And happy Twixmas! Or Romjul as I think it’s called in Scandinavia?

I’m definitely up for a January bus! Been laid low over Christmas with one of the many lurgies going around, but feeing motivated and inspired for January.

I’m happy to set up a new thread, unless anyone else wants to do it? Either way, I’m in!!

How’s about we start on Monday 2nd Jan and run for 8 weeks? Need to work out the dates but prob towards the end of Feb. I’m already thinking about my goals 😊

No particular thoughts as yet for a title, so all ideas very welcome!

Happy New Year to all, and let’s hope it’s a good one X

on

Ps Yowzer just spotted your update on DD, and so glad she’s making progress. Hoping and praying for a complete recovery very soon X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Happy New Years Eve friends!
    I’m just dropping in with my final weigh in, 89kg. A LONG way from my 2022 goal of 80kg! I started the year at 91.1kg and at one stage did get down to 86.5kg but recent events with my MIL and disruption to my routine hasn’t helped, let alone the fast food and Christmas treats I’ve been consuming! So I’m definitely ready for a new bus trip in the new year!

As for names – I’ve been thinking “2023 A Healthy New Me” as my mantra (actually originally it was 2023 it’s all about me, but that sounds selfish! Where I was coming from though is like a lot of you I’ve spent so much time and energy on looking after and worrying about others this year that it’s time I put the focus back on ME and my health and happiness!

MIL is doing well, she’s been transferred to a care home close to where we live, and although it’s early days she seems to be settling in quite well.

I bought myself a present a couple of days ago – The Fast 800 Keto recipe book, Dr Claire Bailey’s latest. I have all of the other Fast 800 and BSD books by MM and Dr Claire, but I LOVE recipe books and felt that maybe a new book would inspire me to start off on the right track.

A final note – Clarinet Cathy how are you going? I haven’t been on the forum much lately but it seems ages since I saw a post from you.

And to DCT, Yowzer, Dawn, Nokie, Linda, Chocolate Monster and all of my fellow travellers on here I hope you all have a a happy New Year 🥳 I’ll see you on our next journey!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello sue blue and fellow bus friends💕
    Nice to hear from you sue sorry you didn’t get to your goal but I have a good feeling for us all in 2023😊
    We are going to get this new year 🚌 to take us on a great journey 😃
    I also treated myself to the new keto recipe book I haven’t read it yet going to have a look tomorrow I have all the other books 📚 I am hoping it will give me a shove in the right direction
    Happy new year to you all see you on the next bus
    Lv nokie 💕🥂

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello sue blue and fellow bus friends💕
    Nice to hear from you sue sorry you didn’t get to your goal but I have a good feeling for us all in 2023😊
    We are going to get this new year 🚌 to take us on a great journey 😃
    I also treated myself to the new keto recipe book I haven’t read it yet going to have a look tomorrow I have all the other books 📚 I am hoping it will give me a shove in the right direction
    Happy new year to you all see you on the next bus
    Lv nokie 💕🥂

on

Hi Sue lovely to hear from you, and glad MIL is beginning to settle – and that the place is near you.
    I like the name. And ideas from anyone else? Will set up the new thread on Monday.
    And yes, Cathy we’ve missed you. How are you doing?
    Happy New Year to all. Some nearer than others now. Let’s hope it’s a good one.
    Love to all X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Happy New Year Christmas Belles!
    I saw this on FB this morning and thought the words were lovely, so sharing here:

Today is the first in your brand new, 365-page book of 2023!

Choose your own adventure, write sentences and fill each page with the special things that give your life meaning 🌷🦋

Curate your journey and fill each day with peace, love, joy, art, music, beautiful scenery – and the people and dreams that make your heart sing 🎶

Happy New Year 🌟🥳💕

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks SUEBLUE thats so lovely! X❤️💜💕

• posted by Nokie
    on

Thanks sue blue that has brought a lovely smile to my face thanks for sharing
    Happy new year to you all xx🥂💜🎉lv
    Nokie 😘 xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hello everyone and best wishes for the year ahead.YOWZER I’m pleased to hear your DD is making progress.DCT sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly,hope you are feeling a bit better now.8 weeks starting from tomorrow sounds ideal for our next bus journey.SUE ‘2023 A Healthy New Me’ is a great title which should help to chivvy us along.I’m pleased to hear your MIL is doing well.That was a lovely FB message you quoted.NOKIE I too have eaten far too many naughty things and it showed up when I eventually faced the scales this morning and discovered I’m at my heaviest ever weight!I feel quite positive about our next journey though so am hoping that continues.I downloaded a Paul McKenna book onto my kindle yesterday which talks about various ways to help stop emotional eating etc and it comes with an audio part too so it would be great if that helped.I’ve never read any of his books before so it should be interesting.I’m ready to jump onto the bus tomorrow and look forward to our next journey.Dawn ❤️

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUEBLUE i meant to say,love yr title,perfectly sums up what we all want in 2023!
    DAWN I too am looking into emotional eating..im reading a book called Heavy Brain. I think understanding the emotional reasons why we often use food as a crutch will help us find the key to losing weight and keeping it off.Im fed up with yoyo dieting,ive done it for years.
    Thought for first day of the year…
    ❄️❄️ Nothing is impossible. The word itself says,” I’m possible” ❄️❄️

• posted by ADD6605
    on

I think you’re right YOWZER, I’m sure it’s the root of my overeating.Hope you’re having a cosy night.Dawn ❤️

on

Hi everyone

Just to let you know I’m about to set up the new thread, 2023 A Healthy New Me. Hope to see some of you over there!

Big hello and Happy New Year to our regular passengers on the Christmas Bus – see list below. Hope that all is well, especially if you’ve not been able to post for a while. Hope that 2023 is a good year for you all.

Lots of love
    Dreams Come True

xx

Chocolate Monster
    Clarinet Cathy
    Dawn
    Linda
    NeverGiveUp
    Nokie
    SueBlue
    Yowzer

on

@clarinetcathy just a shout out. Are you ok? Long time no speak! Do post to let us know how you are – even if you are taking a break from the forums it’d be great to hear you’re ok X

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello Dreamscometrue and SueBlue and thank you both for your concern.
    I am sorry that I’ve not been on the forum for a little while. I haven’t been in a great place to be thinking about losing weight. I know my stories must seem ridiculous and far fetched but I’ve not had a great couple of years with one thing or another- I sometimes can’t believe myself now challenging life has been. My friend who was diagnosed with a brain tumour just after our holiday together is now receiving end of life care and has been admitted to a hospice and it has completely devastated me. . On top that I had a scan recently which has shown a deterioration in my osteoporosis and I just can’t get motivated to lose the weight I gained last year which is ridiculous because now more than ever I need to be healthy. I am really sad that I’ve let life get me down and put on extra pounds that I can’t be bothered to shift. I have a holiday in March so it would be ideal to try now but I’ve lost all that willpower I once had because I feel I keep getting knocked down. I am not looking for sympathy, I just want all my forum friends to know I am ok and at some point I will find the inner strength to get back to being healthy. I have the new keto recipe book and I know that if I can find my inner strength again I will be able to shift the stone I have put on.
    I hope you are all doing well. I am sorry I’ve not been able to support you all along the way and I hope this not be the end of my journey. I am now the heaviest weight I have been for a very long time and I am not proud to say that. I can honestly say I haven’t been that greedy but I need to be so careful with what I eat that it doesn’t take much to put it on. Anyway, one I’ve recovered from this current bad spell and my friend is at peace then I hope I can think about getting back on track. Good luck to those who are still working hard. I’ll keep a look out for you all when I am next back on the forum.

on

Hi Cathy

It is so good to hear from you as I was worried. Thank you for making the effort to post in these very difficult times. I’m so sorry to hear about your lovely friend. Life is so tough sometimes, and it’s hard to understand why bad things happen. I’m sorry too that your own health is not good and really hope that things improve soon.

I’m glad you have a holiday to look forward to, and hope that you will be feeling stronger by then and able to really relax and enjoy it. Meanwhile, just focus on looking after yourself without worrying about weight : you need to be kind to yourself right now. And yes, restart on the forum as and when you feel ready – I’m sure we’ll all still be here!

Lots of love and hope that we can keep in touch. I think I speak for everyone on here when I say I’ve come to regard you as a good friend even though we’ve never met in person. You have strength, courage and determination that have seen you through so many ups and downs, and I know you will come through all this even though it all feels very dark right now. Also your honesty and spark has been so refreshing on the forums, and been an inspiration to so many.

Go well, and hope to hear from you again soon.

Love, DCT x

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy it’s good to hear from you as like DCT I was worried about you also. I’m sorry about your friend x and sorry to hear that you have health issues also.

One thing I have learnt over the last few years on our weight loss journey is that it’s much easier to follow and stay on plan when you are in the right head space / frame of mind. It’s very difficult to be in that right place when you have so much going on in your life.

Take care my friend and please rejoin us when you are ready – I for one will be travelling this journey for a while yet!

In the meantime, stay healthy and look after yourself – I’m glad you have a holiday to look forward to 🙂

Take care Cathy xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY I echo DCTs and SUE’s words and am sending giantsize hugs to you xx
    Look after yrself and pop in when you can,just to chat,doesnt have to be about weight.
    I feel for you re the osteoporosis. After bone scans a few years ago I was told I had very bad osteo in spine and hips and I know its getting worse. I too am finding it v much harder these days than before.
    Im reading a really good book called Heavy Brain by Tommy Caldwell and I recommend it as its beginning to help me understand the reasons why I overeat/ starve/try fad diets/ gain/lose/ gain etc., and Im starting to feel motivated again.
    We are a supportive little gang of pals on here and youre very much part of that,so we wont forget you if you cant post- we are just here for you whenever you fancy a little ride out on the magic bus ❤️💜X

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Thank you so much DCT, Sue and Yowser for your kindness and understanding. You don’t realise how much your kind words mean to me. I will dust myself down and I certainly don’t want to put on any more weight. I’m seeing the rheumatologist at the end of January and in the meantime I’m going to focus on healthy choices and I am going to download the book you’ve recommended Yowser to try and give me some insight. I’ve got a free trial of audible so it’s the perfect time to get the book. It doesn’t seem to be available in print at the moment. Good luck with your journeys and I promise I will hop on board when the time feels right. I feel so grateful to have such kind and thoughtful friends looking out for me. It really means a lot. Thank you so much. Save me a seat for when I’m ready.

Please log in or register to post a reply.