Christmas Belles

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

So here it is, Merry Christmas. Well, not quite! We still have 9 weeks to go till the Big Day, which can only mean one thing . . . the Christmas Bus is back!! 🎄🌟🚐 🌟🎄. If you have weight loss goals that you would love to achieve by Christmas, why not join us on this fun thread? We are serious about losing weight, but also fully intend to enjoy every step of the journey. Everyone is welcome for a fun ride . . . and hopefully your best Christmas gift to yourself ever.

This thread will run up till Christmas and you are welcome to hop on for however long fits in with your weight loss plan. All aboard!! Those Christmas Belles are ringing . . . . ding ding 🔔🔔🔔

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yayyyyyyy! Good luck to all travellers!All aboard the Crimbo Bus! It will turn into a sleigh, the nearer we get to Christmas!
    Im not getting weighed til Xmas Eve in hopes of giving myself the best present ever.
    Looking forward to seeing friends old and new.
    Thank you DCT for setting up as always xxxx

• posted by Nokie
    on

Thankyou Dct for setting up the Christmas 🤶 belles I am on bus ready to go!!!!
    Good luck every one who is on bus the best pressie I can give myself is to loose those extra pounds I have collected this year on the previous 🚌 🤣🤣
    Looking forward to the journey
    Xx nokie 🎁🎄🎄🎅

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi everyone and thank you to DCT for dusting down the Christmas Bus. Like Yowser I am not weighing until Christmas Eve. I want to weigh 142lb by Christmas Eve. I haven’t weighed since coming back from Turkey and I’ve got a lot of work to do but I am firmly in ketosis and very very committed! I am being super strict and no crisps, biscuits, cakes, cereals etc are passing my lips . I am going to try my hardest to be as near as I can to my Christmas goal. So looking forward to seeing what I weigh on Christmas Eve- what a present!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello fellow travellers 🙂
    Cathy and Yowzer I love your idea of not weighing until Christmas Eve…. I’m tempted to do this but have been recording my weight every Friday since the beginning of the year, so will most likely keep doing that.
    My goal is to get to 85kg or under, so that’s 4.3kg that I need to lose, or about 9 1/2 pounds. With just under 9 weeks until Christmas Day I think this is an achievable goal.
    It’s Monday and day 1 for me and I’m just about to make some brunch for my first meal – cheesy asparagus prosciutto bites from the Fast 800 keto book. Lunch will be some left over chicken salad and then for dinner I’m making some lentil curry which I’ll have with cauli rice. I find if I have tasty meals to look forward to it’s easier to stick to plan.
    I’ll check in on Friday and report my progress to date.

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello everyone 😃
    Sue blue I want to loose exactly the same as you 🤣! I feel if we stick to it we can do it
    Like you I have to have tasty meals to look forward to do on my way home on train yesterday fro looking after grandkids I had my fast 800 books with me do I worked out the meals for the week I am using the shakes 3 times for lunch and I find it easier at work
    I have the 🫑 peppers tonight stuffed with lentils from the 800 sugar 📖 book
    Good luck to us all on the Xmas 🎅 bus I will probably weigh in on a Monday morning each week as I like to see how I am doing
    Lv nokie x🚌

• posted by Never Give Up
    on

Hello everyone 🙂 and thank you Dreamscometrue for setting up the Christmas Bus. I feel the previous thread helped me massively to stay on track and looking forward to the next “decorated” journey.
    Good luck to everyone with their new goals. I will be weighing weekly still as it personally helps me stay on track but it does also sound a great plan not to – will probably try that when I am closer to my goal! So many stone away at the moment….
    My goal for this bus is to lose a stone/14lb. If I am a stone lighter by Christmas then I’ll be overall two stone lighter than I was last Christmas – it’s gonna be a long journey but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and I’m definitely through that so gotta keep going!
    That’s a little over a pound a week – very doable if I keep my mind to it 😁

• posted by Kaitee
    on

Lol, when I first saw this topic I thought it read as ‘Christmas Bellies’ ….. unless that was the intended pun? 😀

on

Hi Kaitee and welcome! Your post made me smile . . . I just hadn’t seen the connection at all 🙀. But it’s very apt! The belly is where most of my weight seems to go on and stay on. So I definitely do NOT want to be a Christmas Belly 😂

Have a great first week everyone. I stepped onto the scales this morning for my initial weigh in and it said “Lo”. Was quite excited until I realised it meant the battery, not me!

on

I’ve just been for a long walk to test my newly injected toes. Managed about 8000 steps. I’ve just found out that there is a new Michael Mosley Keto recipe book being launched at the end of December so I’ve pre ordered a copy from Amazon. I’m enjoying my Keto diet but it’s quite difficult being a vegetarian and I hope that there will be some inspiring recipes in the book.I remember buying the Keto book when it came out but I can’t find it anywhere and I wonder if I gave it to the charity shop? Even though I usually only make a few of the suggestions from the MM recipe books, they are nice recipe books. The new book will be perfectly timed for the start of the New Year when hopefully we are dusting ourselves down post Christmas and heading towards the maintenance phase of our journey.
    Hope everyone is feeling good and staying positive as we head off on our Christmas journey.
    Welcome aboard Katiee. There will be slimmer Christmas bellies on the Christmas belles bus in a few weeks!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wowzer wowzer wowzer! the Christmas bus is filling up fast!
    Welcome aboard KATIEE and any lurkers,why not jump on!
    Theres always room for more
    Im missing DAWN and keeping a space next to me for her return. Ive not got a sparkly chart,like she has,but ive started ticking off the days on my calendar as each successful positive day passes. Feels very satisfying.
    Looking forward to being a Christmas Belle with a smaller belly! 😄 im craving vegetarian sausage rolls but not a flaky crumb shall pass my lips!
    Keep strong folks…keep on keeping off is a great mantra courtesy of LINDA! XX
    Ps CCATHY ebay have several MM books for sale quite cheaply. You could have mine if only we could DM. I wd happily post to you as i rarely look at recipes.

on

I’m craving crisps Yowser but I have vowed that not one crisp will enter my mouth until Christmas Eve! I’ve been roasting some mixed seeds for some crunch and I guess they’re a little healthier than crisps but crisps are my downfall and I miss them more than anything else that’s off limits. I’ve never missed bread or pasta or rice or potatoes or cakes or biscuits but I’m craving crisps . I made some kale crisps last week and they were lovely!!!
    There are just over 8 weeks to go until I weigh myself on Christmas Eve and I am wondering just how much weight it is possible to lose in eight weeks. I am hoping for about 10lb but I don’t know if that is actually possible for me. When I started the blood sugar diet in 2017 I lost 17.5 lb in eight weeks but that was starting from scratch. I guess I have to just keep low carb, keep low calorie, keep intermittent fasting, keep walking, keep saying no to crisps and keep on hoping to be about 142lb. My plan is reach my ultimate goal weight of 138 lb before my snorkelling holiday in March. It should be doable. I’m keeping my eyes 👀 on the prize. I usually have a couple of weeks off plan over Christmas but this year I am restricting myself to having only 5 days off plan so that I can undo any damage quickly and get back into ketosis. I feel that planning ahead is helping me stick with it.
    Keep on keeping off the crisps and crackers! That’s my mantra

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Cathy, I make crisps out of aubergine slices. Very nice and completely changes the flavour if you are not keep on aubergine. I make part cooked slices to go in my lasagne in place of pasta and what are left over stay in the oven (now air fryer) for a bit longer to crisp up.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ah CCATHY! Those glorious days when we first low carbed and lost so much weight! I lost 34 lbs in 8 weeks. But that was because i was such a fat so and so. 🙂Not as bad as that now,5 years later,but kicking myself I was stupid enough to allow myself to gain a substantial amount back and now i find it harder to dig deep for that grit and determinationni had back then ….
    Everydays a school day,we live and learn by our mistakes.
    Ive just read..and cant believe my eyes!!..if you have an underactive thyroid ( me) avoid broc and cauli! Eat 5 oz a day at most..honestly,sometimes you can feel foiled at every turn.
    Eating as much greens and non starchy grown above ground veg is all thats keeping me going,so i dont think I’ll take much notice of that,or soon there ‘ll be nothing that isnt out of bounds. Gahhhhh! 🤨
    Oh well,rant over,i’ll step down off my box now!
    On we jolly well go! 🎶🎶🎶 Our little bus is so happy to be heading towards Christmas! XXX

on

sunshine-girl – Thank you for the idea of aubergine crisps. I’m definitely going to be giving them a try. I guess the art is to cut them thinly. I’ll let you know how I get on with them. I’ve been roasting sprouts and broccoli and cauliflower recently too because I love the taste of them all when roasted. Great for a low carb vegetarian diet too!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Oh how I miss crisps so much I am at work today and I had a chocolate mm shake it was nice but I am so hungry 😋
    I am now craving crisps and my husband is out tonight so I must not give in like u usually do
    I am feeling really light headed today and hungry it’s done hard sticking to 800 a day oh well keep going bus 🚌
    Bye everyone nokie x😘

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii SUNSHINE GIRL ( waves) we must have been posting at the same moment! The aubergine crisps sound a lovely idea,we all seem to need that bit of crunch in our lives! X
    CCATH,will try roasting your green combo. Do you drizzle a little olive oil on them like you would when roasting spuds and parsnips? ( mmm roasties..and roast parsnips..i live near a Carvery..some days its all i can do to stop myself running inside…😄 xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Stay strong NOKIE! This too shall pass! Are you in work,can you have a cuppa,just the warmth is a comfort,or drink some water? A small milky coffee might tide you over. Not nearly as much fun as crisps but might help.
    If youre at home,have you some green veg you could steam,or a spoonful of greek yog if in yr fridge usually helps. Or a small handful of nuts and/ or seeds. Even a slice of ham?
    Make sure you have sthing to hand always for these moments,and remember after a while the cravings pass,pretty quickly too,and it gets easier. I really miss bread but once the craving passes, im just happy to inhale the smell of freshly baked bread without needing to eat it.
    I think lockdown was downfall of many of us. I got into very bad habit of ordering goodies online,it was a novelty and I was bored,plus I got lazy. Been very hard to break that habit of looking forward to nice food arriving on my doorstep,think Im just about starting to crack it at last!
    One trick is to tell yourself youve decided – just for now – not to have the crisps..if you want them tomorrow,you’ll have them. Then when tomorrow comes,repeat. That helps stop me feeling Im missing out on sthing,coz ive just decided i dont really want them today.
    When i look at a delicious looking piece of cake,I imagine a block of lard and a bag of sugar on the plate and it no longer seems as appealing! XX

on

Yowser, I peel the Brussels sprouts and half them and put olive oil on them and roast them for about 20 minutes on a high heat 200 degrees. . Roasted cauliflower is absolutely delicious too . Just cut into small florets or slice large florets into slices and drizzle with oil and bake for about 20 minutes on a hot heat. I like mine to be well done. Same with broccoli either tenderstem or plain old broccoli florets. They all taste so much nicer when roasted. Who knew?

on

Nokie- I’ve found that when I feel hungry or am craving that if I make myself a proper cup of coffee from beans rather than instant, it takes away the craving and fills me up. You might also want to add in a little cream – it’s tastes delicious and really fills you up and it feels like a treat!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Thanks yowzer for your kind words and everyone else who is helping me with my hunger I really appreciate it yes a cup of coffee might do the trick
    Just one question are you all sticking to 800 everyday or 5.2?? I don’t want to give up but not sure what to do as long feel I could eat a horse 🐴
    Take care and thanks again nokie 😘

on

Hi Nokie -I am not counting calories . I am fasting until lunchtime and then I have a low carb lunch so maybe an egg salad or some cheese and nuts or hummus and celery and then I have a low carb evening meal of either mushroom omelette with salad, halloumi and ratatouille bake, quorn sausages with roasted sprouts, kale and pesto soup etc etc. I always have some Greek Yoghurt and a few raspberries. I don’t know how many calories o eat but I just keep low carb. I think a combination of intermittent fasting – 16 to 18 hours currently. and low carb should shift a pound a week. Are you eating enough fat? Try some Greek Yoghurt or an egg or two to fill you up. I had some peanut butter off the spoon today with my coffee when I was craving peanut butter on crackers!!! We all do things differently. I can’t do 5:2 at all. It doesn’t work for me. It’s good to share ideas so I’m glad you asked about what we all do . I’ll be interested to read what works for other members on the bus.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

NOKIE I stick to 800 cals when I can. …if I cant,I try not to worry too much,the lowcarb count is more important.
    For instance,halloumi is very low carb,if I have that for dinner,the carb count for the day is low,but the calorie count is higher as halloumi is more calorific than some other dinner choices.
    I try to do a 16:8 fast when I can, because i believe in the benefits of fasting,but sometimes I dont attain it.
    For now my main focus is more on low carb than fasting,and hanging onto my bus seat! I spent quite a lot of time on previous challenges stuck in the luggage rack bc I wasnt doing very well on low carbing!😄🙄
    Also I look at cal/ carb count over a week. Count up each days totals and divide by 7..hopefully it balances out over the week 🙏🙏 xx

• posted by Nokie
    on

Yowzer Cathy thank you for your reply it really helps I will take what you both said on board!! I am so determined to do this and it really helps hearing what everyone says
    What a great 🚃 ride
    Nokie x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY we posted at same time! Just reading what you said about crackers, i just love buttered crackers! mmmm….good job its getting closer to dindins time!
    NOKIE i agree w CCATH..greek yog with berries is lovely….thick,comforting and filling. I sometimes have greek yog with a few crushed nuts on top. Either way feels like having a real ice cream 🥳
    Ive bought a big bag of frozen rhubarb which i reckon will go nicely w greek yog as well. I sometimes succumb to a Hartleys ten cal jelly,they come in lots of flavours,only one or two carbs a pot 🥰 xx
    Occasionally I allow myself a few sugarfree sweets but not often as the artificial sweeteners arent good for you,but sometimes i just need a sweet to suck! Cappucino or rhubarb and custard are my favourite flavours xx

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Nokie – I find increasing my calories to 900 (or even up to 1000) helps me stay on track without feeling as hungry as when I stick to a strict 800 calories, and I still lose weight. With hunger pangs, I find chewing slowly on some almonds helps. It’s weird as I only need to have 3 or 4 and it takes the edge off of my hunger. Last night I was so hungry before bed so I had a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt which helped. During the day I’ll have a milky coffee or coffee with cream. Other foods/drinks that have helped in the past are fruit teas (0 calories) and vegetable soup. In the Facebook BSD group I used to be in, they’d recommend an oxo cube made up with hot water and a dash of milk – tastes like chicken soup and is only about 20-25 calories from memory.
    Ah crisps, or chips as we call them here…. I cook a couple of pappadums in the microwave when the urge hits. They are low calorie and importantly low carb as are made with chickpea flour.

And roast veggies – yes love those 🙂 I sometimes roast zucchini, eggplant, capsicum, mushrooms, red onion and garlic. The mix is great in salads, bolognese, omelettes, pizza toppings or as a side.

On the menu today I have a mushroom omelette for breakfast, and Tuscan lamb and bean stew for dinner (from Fast 800 Keto book), lunch will be salad I think as the sun is out today.
    Happy travels!

• posted by Nokie
    on

Thankyou sue blue
    I really appreciate you taking the time to help I will try what you said I have bought the mm keto book to read as I understand it is good 👍
    The Tuscan lamb sounds lovely 😊
    Have a good week
    Nokie 😊x

• posted by chocolatemonster
    on

hi Bus-mates! I’m on the fast 800 at present – aiming to shed the last 4-5kg which has been clinging to me for dear life, despite many and varied attempts to remove it from my body. I’m away on a hiking trip to Borneo from next week, staying in some pretty remote places, so I’m not sure that I’ll have much say in the food available – but will try to avoid heavy carbs where possible. Back in late November, and will be firmly back on the bus until Christmas – aiming for 2kg loss by christmas eve…the weight is dropping SO slowly considering the amount of effort – but to get below 80kg would be such a boost. I’d be back in the ‘healthy weight’ BMI range for the first time in a LONG time (albeit just!). Let’s see how much damage this holiday does first – but before then, I have a full week of fasting ahead of me. Keep grafting christmas elves!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome to the gang CHOCMONSTER! Good luck with the weeks fasting and enjoy your trip,it sounds very adventurous! We’ll save yr seat on the bus 👏👏

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Welcome Chocmonster! Your trip does sound exciting 🙂 we have very similar goals, my main goal is to get to 80kg – I’d still be a few kg over the top of the healthy weight range for my height, but I’d be a size 14 so I’d be happy with that 🙂

First Friday weigh in day for me, and after 4 days back on plan (mostly!) I was pleased to see that I have lost 900g or a smidgen under 2lb (1.98lb to be exact), so now down to 88.4kg again. My goal for next Friday is to weigh under 88kg.

Have a good weekend all 🙂

on

Thanks Yowzer and SueBlue – I have missed going on big adventures over the past few years. To get out there and see the world (and taste their food!) is so important to me. Great to have the same goal SueBlue! I have been VERY slowly sliding down the 82’s the past 2 weeks…82.1kg today. Would be fantastic to hit 81’s before going away next week. Let’s see…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done SUE,might as well call it 2 lb down! XX
    Tricky time coming up for me..my bday and also DDs v soon..with two bdays and also christmas coming closer, I always this time of year start to think about bday treats and also about festive fare.
    BUT I will slap myself with a wet lettuce and keep my resolve! Was in Marks today and ignored all the goodies..only bought salad,broc and green beans. Ate the bakery goods with my eyes,then came home 😇
    Felt like shouting at people with baskets and trolleys crammed with nice food and drink..I’m on a diet,why arent you! 🤨
    Erm,probably because theyre slimmer than me!😄
    Enjoy the extra hour in bed,all in N Hemisphere,winter draws on…!😄xxxxx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone, sorry I haven’t posted before now, we arrived back from holiday on Thursday night but have slept a lot since then!Long flight from Orlando then another flight from Heathrow which was delayed so we were pretty exhausted by the time we arrived at home.We had a lovely 2 weeks in Disney World and each day was very busy so, although I didn’t stick to healthy eating at all, I have maintained my pre holiday weight (I may actually have lost as I think I still have a bit of fluid retention) as we did an average of 17,000 steps every day.I hope everyone is doing well, I’m not quite in my seat on the bus yet but should be organised by Wednesday to get firmly in position.I will catch up with posts tomorrow.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DAWN you really needed that break,all of you,fantastic that you havent gained weight on holiday!🥳xx
    Hope everyone has a successful week ahead on the Belles Bus xxx!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowzer, yes I think we really did, the friends we went with have had a difficult time recently too and we were just saying how it has done us all good.Dawn X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi Dawn and all friends on the Christmas bus 🎃
    Glad you had a good time Dawn
    How’s everyone doing? I have lost 2 pounds this week really happy as my sister was over from Switzerland 🇨🇭 and I had two meals out !! I tried to be good 😊 we went shopping 🛍 and I hit a dress for Christmas which is too tight now but that’s my incentive!!
    I think because I planned my meals last week and tried to stick to not many carbs it worked I have to go to work today unexpectedly so if it’s it quiet 🤫 I will spend my time planning again after all I have an extra hour now the clocks ⏰ went back🤣🤣
    Have a good week all on the bus 🚌 I am firmly sat on my seat not getting off till Christmas 🎄 Eve
    Lv nokie 🎄💕🎄

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi Dawn and all friends on the Christmas bus 🎃
    Glad you had a good time Dawn
    How’s everyone doing? I have lost 2 pounds this week really happy as my sister was over from Switzerland 🇨🇭 and I had two meals out !! I tried to be good 😊 we went shopping 🛍 and I hit a dress for Christmas which is too tight now but that’s my incentive!!
    I think because I planned my meals last week and tried to stick to not many carbs it worked I have to go to work today unexpectedly so if it’s it quiet 🤫 I will spend my time planning again after all I have an extra hour now the clocks ⏰ went back🤣🤣
    Have a good week all on the bus 🚌 I am firmly sat on my seat not getting off till Christmas 🎄 Eve
    Lv nokie 🎄💕🎄

on

Great to hear all the progress – maintaining on holiday, and even losing while you have visitors is a big win! I managed to get down to 81.7kg (first time below 82 in a LONG time!) on Saturday, which was a nice motivating boost – had a family party on sunday, which included roast potatoes and cake…but back at the 800 for 4 more days until I fly out on Thursday. Meals all planned, ingredients bought…so my goal is to stay away from the supermarket until I go – Yowzer you need to teach me how to ‘eat with my eyes’ – I do find it very difficult to avoid snaccidents in supermarkets!

on

Hello Christmas Belles
    Well Done everyone for your continued progress and well done to Dawn for coming home from holiday without any weight gain! A huge achievement!
    I’m still plodding away with my low carb:keto style weight loss plan. I’ve been busy working at the vaccination centre doing long days and am proud not to have dipped into the chocolate boxes that are passed round. I’m going to visit my son in London this weekend and will take a snack box of cheese and nuts for my journey. I plan to stay low carb all weekend. I’ve not eaten any of the naughty things I listed previously. It’s two weeks I think since I started and it’s difficult not seeing my progress or otherwise using the scales as a marker but it’s also quite liberating not to have to worry about every single blip on my journey. I’ve made chilli tonight with quorn minceand I’ll have it with cauliflower rice. I might try my jeans on tomorrow just to see if they’re fitting better. Am trying my hardest but I don’t know what progress if any I am making so if my jeans feel more comfortable tomorrow then I will assume the weight is heading in the right direction. My ketostix are telling me I’m in ketosis so I’m obviously not eating too many carbs . Another 7 weeks before Christmas and my planned five days off plan. It’s definitely doable! I’d love to have lost at least 10lbs to one stone on this leg of my journey. I am considering a day a week of fasting if I can manage it just to boost my loss. Every little helps.
    I enjoy reading your news and updates so keep going everyone.

• posted by Never Give Up
    on

Hello everyone, so encouraging to read how you’ve all been doing and sticking at it. ClarinetCathy I seriously admire your resolve not to weigh yourself and keep going. You’ll kill those jeans!
    I’m so surprised today because I’ve had such a difficult week with cravings and it being the hardest time of month not to eat wrong stuff – went completely off piste at the weekend to the point I can’t even remember what I ate and drank. This morning I am another 5lb down – not promoting going off track at all as it is different for everyone but it seems to have thanked me just this once. Of course, yesterday and Monday I was 800cal 30g carb so must have got rid of the water again, and yesterday fit in a half hour swim and 8000 steps, I think extra exercise really helps shift it for me.
    Onwards and downwards! xx

on

Hi everyone, great to read about so many losses on here. Never Give Up that’s fantastic – really pleased for you! And belated welcome chocolatemonster. Only one day till your trip now and it sounds amazing. Welcome back Dawn too, I’m so glad you had a good time, and I’m sure it’s done you the world of good.

Yowzer, good luck with your busy time coming up. Sometimes I find it helps to decide in advance to have one or more special days off piste, because then you remain in control. Yes you may go off plan but it is expected and something you are allowing yourself to do. For me that works better than hoping for the best, coming off plan, then kind of thinking along the lines of seeing as I’ve fallen off the wagon I may as well just continue for a while. I think giving yourself specific days off can be a better plan.

And so many of us on here with aspirational clothes which is quite exciting! We should organise a Christmas fashion parade to celebrate our success at fitting into them by then . . . . because we WILL!

Hope the rest of the week goes well x

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello all and welcome back Dawn 🙂

I’ve had a very busy and stressful week. My elderly MIL had a fall at home and was admitted to hospital, where she still is. She’s going to be ok, but needs to have some support in place and some home modifications done for her to be able to stay at home and not go into residential care. Luckily she didn’t break any bones and her injuries will heal, but the tests she’s had done while in hospital have confirmed our suspicions and she does indeed have Dementia.
    So between the hospital visits and phone calls with doctors, allied health and care agencies I’ve had no time to focus on my diet this week! We’ve been relying on takeaway for some of our meals, but I’ve tried to limit portions and make healthy choices. My regular Friday weigh in is showing a 200g loss, or just under 1/2lb. I’m now down to 88.2kg and my goal for next week is 87.8kg – this is the next milestone set for me in the Happy Scale app I use and I think it’s achievable.
    On the plus side, all of the running around has meant I’ve kept my step count to an average of 10,000 steps per day.
    I’m hoping next week will be a bit calmer and I can refocus 🙂
    Have a good weekend Christmas Belles 🤶 🤶 🔔 🔔 🎄 🎄

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello sue blue and Xmas belles
    So sorry sue that you have had a stressful week hope things improve 💕
    I too have had a stressful week but for other reasons we have sold our bungalow and want to try and move nearer to family but we just cannot find anywhere so I think we have decided to rent some where for a year and then we we would be in the area if a house came up instead of driving 3 hours and 3 hours back in one day!! So my diet did not go well this week as I had planned everything then we were on the road again I think I will sit down and plan for next week this morning otherwise I will never get to my goal by Xmas 🎄 I hope everyone else is doing ok keep going
    Lv nokie x🎄💕🎄

on

Hello everyone
    I stepped off the bus for a couple of days whilst in London with my son this weekend. It was a very special weekend and I chose to eat off plan. Tomorrow I’ll be back on plan and will have to go through the carb flu again but hopefully it won’t be too painful this time. It’s difficult not knowing if I am making any weight loss progress without using the scales but I loathe. being their slave and so I’ll keep off them for as long as I can. I’ve got seven weeks until my weigh day so I’ll just do what I can and face the music on Christmas Eve. I don’t feel as if I’ve lost a lot-maybe four or five pounds but if I can lose another six or seven then hopefully I will be in the 140s – although I feel 142 lb might have been rather optimistic! Anyway. I’ll do what I can and take whatever loss I can get.
    Have a good week everyone.

on

Hi Cathy and everyone. Completely understand – just back from visiting my mother again, sadly for a family friend’s funeral. But when I’m there I do my best to take her out and about so eat and drink lots 🙀

I knew about this, so have earmarked (on my spreadsheet!) 7th Nov to 5th Dec as a blitz zone. Nothing much is happening. So hopefully low carb, low cal, low alcohol. Fingers crossed!!

Sue I was so sorry to hear about your MIL, and sending positive vibes your way. I know I don’t “know” you, but you seem like such a lovely and generous person. I wish you all well.

Same applies to all my friends on this forum 😊

Lots of love, and here’s hoping we all have a great week xx

on

Nokie, meant to say congratulations on selling your bungalow – especially in these turbulent times. Moving to your new area and renting short term sounds like a good plan. As you say, you’ll be near at hand to look at property and also no chain your end. Good luck with it all, and also with getting back on track this week x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Jst calling in to say have a good week my Crimbo Belles!
    Be back another day to catch up with news.
    Love,hugs and beepbeeps! XX
    🌷 ~ “The Universe is making music all of the time” ~ 🌷( Tom Waits)

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hello Everyone and thank you all for your ‘welcome back’ wishes🙂
    I unfortunately haven’t got back into the swing of this woe yet so had no weight loss in this last week but I will get there🤞I have taken time to catch up on posts over the last few days,DCT news of your spreadsheet has prompted me to get some sparkly stickers out and I’m going to do a chart again for the fridge🎄Cathy I’m pleased you had a lovely weekend with your son, Nokie that’s good news about your bungalow and it seems very sensible to rent until you find something suitable.Sue I was so sorry to read about your MIL’s fall and dementia diagnosis, I hope the support and home modifications are in place soon.Nevergiveup, well done on the 5lb loss, I would love to lose that over the next few weeks!Chocolatemonster well done for getting under the 82k mark and Yowzer, Christmas shopping completed early again,Yay🎄I’m lagging behind you this year, need to get myself organised!!!!! I’m sorry if I’ve missed anyone out, hope we all have a good week with some nice weight losses…..🚌……….. Dawn X

on

Hi everyone, hope you’re having a great weekend?

The first week of my blitz did not go as well as hoped, but last night and today I’ve been struggling with what I think is food poisoning (serves me right! I was out and about in London yesterday and eating off plan . .. had I stuck to it this would probably not have happened 🙀). Anyway, not nice but on the positive side I’ve not been able to eat anything today so hopefully (a) will gain some lost ground and (b) take the opportunity to reset and get fully back on plan.

Hope everyone else is ok. Dawn, did you do your chart?!

Look forward to catching up with all your news X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a nice weekend,DCT so sorry to hear you may have food poisoning,I hope you feel better soon.I have done my sparkly chart and it’s on the fridge🎄🎁❄️☃️ I have it starting from tomorrow as I was at a Christmas fair this week and bought cakes from the farm shop!Dawn X

Please log in or register to post a reply.