This diet really works

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by brown_8348
    on

After trying so hard over the years to loose weight, I’ve finally found one that works. I stopped smoking when I was 33, and saw my weight ballooned from 12 1/2 stone to 19 stone, over the next few years. I tried eating healthily, and failed, as did the gym. My Wife and I then saw the documentary by Michael Mosley on the 5:2 diet, and I decided to give it a go, I lost nearly two stone in a few months, but then my weight levelled out. Then one day my wife and I saw this book whilst out shopping, and decided to give it a go. In 8 weeks I lost 3 stone. I have now gone from 19st 2 lbs to 14st 3lbs and feel great. I’m about to embark on another 8 week program as I’m not quite at my target weight. My Wife and daughter also did the programme, and together we have lost 10 stone.

I never thought I’d find a diet that I could stick to and find that it works. It was hard to stick to, but well worth it. Good luck to anyone that is about to embark on this, stick with it, it’s worth it.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

So happy for you! It really works for me for sure. I have lots of energy and have lost 9 lbs in 5 days!

• posted by Rico61
    on

I was also a big gainer of stones when I stopped smoking about 15 years ago. 7 in total. I went from being a big lad at 15 stone to not looking at the scales when it went over 22 Stones. A couple of years on some antidepressant meds added to the weight piling on. Sedentary life style and a fondness for takeaways did their stuff.

On this diet I’m now coming up to a 5 stone loss. 2 to go.

I feel good in myself and empowered to deal with my health issue. Life is good. My mood is usually light and the effort/focus required here isn’t as big a deal as I remember coming off the fags.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Brilliant you two
    2 x 5 stone weight losses is incredible, you must both be so pleased.
    Happylife, this is what you have to look forward to just by eating the right foods, amazing isn’t it ? 😮

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Brown and Rico, well done!!! 🙂

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi brown_8348 & family
    Excellent effort for you all. Very impressive & good luck with the rest of your weight loss. Very pleased you gave up smoking too!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Rico61
    An amazing result for all you hard work, well done. Yes, life is good & may you enjoy a healthier, happy one. Good luck with the last 2 stones.

• posted by brown_8348
    on

Thanks for the kind support and positive replies. It’s nice to hear from so many going through the same. Good luck to all.

Please log in or register to post a reply.