Change

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stabber
    on

Been on BSD since beginning of September.. Lost weight and inches which is great, Trying to get off meds,, Take one metformin a day..
    Fasting bloods in the morning been in the 7’s.
    Will they get any lower than that and what should I be expecting from now onwards regarding bloods

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Stabber, they should do if you are sticking to the plan. mine were 10.4 before the plan and dropped to 7.5 in just over a week and by the end of week 3 down to 5.0. But after that no further downward movement so I am biding my time. You don’t say if the 7. is lower than when you started, lets hope it is. If you are only on 1 Metformin then you might be best to stick with that until you have had a HBA1c done and maybe speak to your doctor. If he sees positive results he might suggest stopping himself, just have a little patience, we have been given hope with this diet but don’t expect miracles, they come later. Follow captainlynne t see what sticking with it can do for you.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi there Stabber!

Well done on the losses of weight and inches! 🙂

If you type in Fasting Bloods in the Search box (top right) you will see lots of posts about the unreliability of these as indicators of Blood Sugar

By far the best is to talk to your GP about a planned series of HbA1c tests (which average out 3 months’ blood sugar) to judge if you are now in normal range.

My OH enlisted his GP’s support and came off Metformin after his second HbA1c test (8 weeks into the BSD) and after a further test after another month has been marked Type 2 “in remission” as his BS is in the normal range.

Have you had HbA1c tests and do you have another booked?

Please log in or register to post a reply.