% carbs

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by polargonk
    on

Hi, I’m using MyFitnessPal to keep track and am wondering what balance of Carbs Fat and Protein I should be aiming for? Thanks

• posted by Janet1973
    on

By the way, the article I have attached above talks about limiting saturated fats in meat and dairy but its worth bearing in mind, that might be the ‘old-school’ thinking on sat fats.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Polargonk
    Some of us aim for not more than 50g carbs, don’t overdo the protein as it can then be used for fuel, plenty of fat ( within the cals limit of course) . It’s hard for most of us to allow ourselves enough fat but it’s essential as it stops you being hungry. You gradually get used to thinking fat is good rather than evil!
    Penny

• posted by polargonk
    on

Thanks for the replies – really helpful. I must admit allowing myself a full fat greek yogurt (rather than a 0% fat) for the first time in years was amazing. Even tastier than chocolate 🙂 Thanks again.

• posted by Col
    on

I am aiming for around or under 40g of carbs and between 60-70g protein, the rest of the calls I try and use as fat….isn’t is great to eat a full fat Greek yoghurt and be able to enjoy every mouthful without thinking you are breaking the low fat mantra!!!!

😀

Please log in or register to post a reply.