carbs and sugar

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wazza77b
    on

what daily totals for cabs and sugar should i try to maintain within the 800 calories

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi Wazza
    I think it is trial and error to what suits you but most people on the forum seem to aim for 50g of carbs. I find this doable on most days, but if you find you’re getting the results you want at a higher number then go for it – just check that you are having the healthy carbs and not processes sugars.
    Good luck

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Wazza
    I am on very low carb i.e. 20g per day, but that’s because I started on Type II diagnosis and had read the lower carb you go the better and now I’m quite happy on that level so have just stayed at that level and have never tried going higher.

As Gattina says, a lot of people aim for around 50g carbs per day. Others start by cutting out the big carbs first e.g. potatoes, rice, etc and then go from there, gradually reducing their carb levels if they need to. Like Gattina, I also think it’s about what’s doable for you to begin with.

Like lots on here, I use a food tracker to track my daily calories, carbs and sugar etc. I only really focused on the cals and carbs numbers not really the sugars. But if you follow the principles of the diet and are keeping your carbs at a good level then your sugar levels should be fine.
    Best wishes. Hope it all goes well.

Jennie xx

Btw, you may already be using a food tracker but just in case, I use fatsecret.co.uk, others use MyFitnessPal.com, and there are others – I think they’re all free – fatsecret definitely is.

Please log in or register to post a reply.