Carbs

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Clarissa56
    on

Hi! I’m new to this site, so forgive me if this question has been asked before, but can the 20g of carbs a day be any kind? Ie if I want to use 5 of them on milk, that is up to me or is that detrimental to weight loss progress? I’ve lost about 9lbs in nearly 3wks and quite happy with that, but want to completely understand the process. Obviously, I know to avoid white carbs etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Clarissa, no question is a problem even if it has been asked before. You can spend you carbs on anything although you wont get much for 20g. The only exception to that is the bad carbs like bread, rice, pasta, breakfast cereals etc but you would probably only a couple of slices of bread for the 15g you have left (well 12g actually) and dont forget there are carbs in most things except meat so 15g left is not a lot. I personally can only manage 40 to 50g as even a tomato has 5g, carrot 6.5g and half an apple is 15g so that’s my 20g well and truly blown. We also count total carbs not nett, which is the higher number i.e. carrots serving 6.5g total, 4g nett. So it does bump up the numbers.

Give it a try by logging in something like myfitnesspal and you will see where the carbs are heavy and be able to work out your own plan. Let us know how you are getting on and shout out if you have any more questions.

• posted by Clarissa56
    on

Thank you Sunshine-girl, I have been using My Fitness Pal and trying hard to skim round the heavy hitters like apples and tomatoes etc, it’s just I love a bit of milk in my tea! I’ll cut it back to just two cups a day which is about 3g Carbs – it’s worth that to me! Thanks

Please log in or register to post a reply.