Carbs

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi all
    I seem to be stuck and on using my fitness pal realise my carb count has risen , I think that and full fat is why? My carbs come from veg / fruit etc . Whilst I know we are all different it’s a struggle for me . Soups I love them how to make them low carb with veg. Help please.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Collie
    Welcome to the forum.
    Firstly, plateaus are normal and can happen at anytime on the BSD. For me it seems to be carbs that are the main issue, that and sometimes not drinking enough.
    Don’t worry about the full fat, it is a must on this programme. I know it is counter intuitive, given all the past propaganda we have been subjected to, but the full fat means you need less to help you feel full and stay feeling full for longer. Make sure you are drinking enough as well, as this is important to keep things moving.
    Watch out for the carbs in fruit, as some of them can be surprisingly high. And with vegetables, try to stick with those that grow above ground, as they are lower in carbs than root veggies. Why not try making a broccoli or cauliflower soup? You could even add a little stilton if you like. Or a mushroom soup with a little crème fraiche stirred through. Or a tomato soup perhaps, flavoured with some basil. Or maybe a celery soup.
    Hope something there might spur you on to get creative with your soups and keep them low carb.
    Good luck and have a great w/e.

• posted by Collie
    on

SunnyB
    Thank you , I think I am not drinking enough , just had the light bulb moment. 💡💡💡so kind of you to reply X Collie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

No problem. I have had so much support from the good people on the forum, that it’s only right to do my bit too. Drinking enough has always been a failing of mine and I have to make an effort to make sure I’m drinking enough on the BSD, so I make sure I have a glass of water every time I go into the kitchen. I also have a little chart on which I draw little cups and glasses at the beginning of the day and then I cross them off as I go.
    Hope you see some results soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.