Can I start the BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Joejoe75
    on

I have just finished the book. My grandfather had type 2 diabetes and my father has it. I had my blood sugars checked today and all fine. I am carrying too much weight, all around my waist and would still like to do the BSD. Is it OK for me to do it?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Joejoe and welcome!

People do the BSD for all sorts of reasons. Some have Type 2 and would like to try to reverse it/reduce medications/feel better. Some aren’t type 2 but fear getting it, and would like to lose weight. Some don’t have much weight to lose but would like to get control of carb addictions and eat healthily

I think it is fine for you to do the BSD especially if you have seen the effects of diabetes in your family.

If you read the book and decide to restrict your diet to the 800 calories a day for 8 weeks and cut out refined carbs (sugar, pasta, bread/wheat products, potatoes) you will lose weight, reduce your visceral fat round your waist, and feel better as well as really enjoying your food. That’s what happened to me – and my OH who had type 2 has now been told he is “in remission” and off his meds.

So get hold of the book and get set – you can do it!

Lots of advice here. Use the SEARCH box or just wander round the threads.

🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.