Can I join you?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Angie TW
    on

This is the start of my third week and I have lost 6lbs. Sometimes I have difficulty eating all the protein so would really appreciate some ideas for eating high protein and low calories please? Thank you

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Angie,
    Welcome to the forum.

Its not about eating high protein, its low carbs, moderate protein and the balance of your calories come from healthy fats.
    The normal forumla is 20g carbs, for women 0.6 to 0.8g of protein for each kg of TARGET weight, for men its 0.8g to 1g – with the rest of your calories coming from fat. The reason for moderate protein is that if you eat too much your body will convert it to glucose.

Some of us read use the latest posts option on the forum, but most people gather around one of two threads. There is a weekly challenge, that starts afresh each Tuesday, and there is a Road Trip thread for those who want to measure their journey in longer periods. – On both threads you will encounter a range of newcomers and long term maintainers who will be happy to welcome you and answer any questions you may have.

• posted by Niknak87
    on

Welcome Angie
    One tip I have for planning meals is that I like to look up “Keto recipes” as these are designed to be very low carb, you can either adjust for the right calories or just use them for ideas.
    Also, I think there are a few recipes on this site.

Please log in or register to post a reply.