Can I do the 800 cal diet for longer than 8 weeks?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by peachcake4me
    on

Can I do the 800 cal diet for longer than 8 weeks?
    I have been successfully losing weight now for the last 5 weeks (18lb in total) and I’m scared if I stop after 8 weeks then I will have 1 and a half stone to lose but may put some weight back on and/or lose motivation to get back on it after a period of being off the diet?
    Does anyone know if there is an important medical reason for only being able to do 8 weeks of 800 calories a day?
    Also how many weeks break should I have before I can go back on it?
    Anyone’s help and advise would be most welcome.
    Thank you 😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Peachcake – brilliant results so far and there is no reason not to continue with the 800 programme until you hit your target weight. Many have done just that for months on end until hitting their target and moving into maintenance. I know that this route has been approved by the BSD Admin Team when the question has been raised with them, so if you are happy to continue it’s okay to do so.

If you do want to take a short break of a week or two, that is fine too and during that time, you’d just stick to the BSD principles, keeping carb low but increasing calories a little.

Feel free to join in on any of the forum threads that look interesting to you and I know you will get a warm welcome. Hope to see you out and about of the forum and look forward to reading of your continued success.

Please log in or register to post a reply.