Can anyone recommend a good step counter?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by happynewme
    on

Hi. Can anyone recommend a good step counter? One that doesn’t count false steps when you’re driving etc or do they all do that?I’ve tried several without success. My phone is a bit too big to carry about with me or I would just try an app. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I like my Withings Go, but haven’t seen many others out there 😊 it counts steps, although being worn on the wrist only when the arm swings which actually leads to under-reading for me most days, and also tracks sleep and other activities. It is getting quite good at recognising walking and badminton now anyway.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’m happy with my Ozo Fitness pedometer. I had to violently stab the tiny screwdriver they give you into the reset hole like I was Norman Bates before it would actually reset, but once that was done, it works just right for me. I clip it to my shirt when I’m going for an exercise walk, and to my belt during the regular course of the day. I’ve never had it count a false step.

The milage count is way off, but that’s because it relies on your average stride length (which you input when you’re setting it up) to calculate the distance walked. That’s never going to be accurate. Again, I don’t really care about any of the features other than a true-to-life step count, and it works very well on that score.

• posted by happynewme
    on

Thanks to both of you. I’ll look them up. I had the Sony smart band which had counted over 100 steps one day before I had even put it on. I’ve had various pedometers that unfortunately seem to end up in the washing machine because I’ve forgotten they were attached to clothing. My last csx one was pretty accurate counting steps when I was walking but it also counted steps every time I was driving.

• posted by MummyW
    on

I have a fit bit and love it!!! It will count steps when you drive however there is an app called drive bit and so you just activate it before you set off and stop when you get where your going! This has eliminated that issue for me! The app is so easy to use and you can add friends and complete challenges together really easily. Which I find a massive boost….do love a bit of competition!!
    Mine is an older version the fitbit Charge HR but it still works perfectly, ive had it for about 20 months now!

• posted by happynewme
    on

Hi. It was a fitbit I fancied originally but it wasn’t compatible with my phone. It’s good to know you can do that with them though.

Please log in or register to post a reply.