### Calories, serves 2 (?)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JRChild
    on

Call me a little slow here, but I’m wondering is the number of calories per serve, or do the number of calories then need to be divided by the serves?

On another note, I use MyFitnessPal and my wife and I are taking on real food so we can just continue on the same path after the first 8 weeks; but something bothers me… has anyone else noticed how widely the number of calories vary even on the same food item in the database of the app? I’m not sure if I should average it, or just ‘ballpark’ the calories!?

• posted by Verano
    on

JRChild if you are referring to the recipes in the Blood Sugar Diet Book then “….. for the sake of simplicity , all calorie counts have been rounded up or down to the nearest 10. All calorie counts are for one portion.” However lots of people have found some of the recipes are way off mark.

When it come to the calorie etc counting apps they all have failings. Sometimes it’s difficult to tell if the reference is to cooked or raw weight. You can always check on the internet by asking for the nutrition of a specific food, or check with a different app or just take the most likely. I can never understand when it comes to fresh food how different supermarket brands of the same food vary …. surely a sprout is a sprout! Enjoy your journey.

• posted by JRChild
    on

Thank you for your reply. Sorry it took me a little while to respond, I’ve been a unable to actually get to my emails for a bit. I appreciate your help.

Please log in or register to post a reply.