Calories in the new recipe book

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GayleP
    on

Hi,
    I have purchased the new recipe book and they certainly look delicious. My question is – when the recipe states 340 calories and serves 4 – does that mean it is 85 calories for 1 serve?

Thank you

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi GayleP

I have two books, Fast Cook and Fast Diet, in them the calorie count is per serve so you’d be looking at consumming 340 per single serve for the one you mentioned. Take a look at the intro pages of your book to see if it is explained there.

N

• posted by Bissell
    on

Hi GayleP
    That would be good wouldn’t it? No, I’m afraid the calories are per portion. And be aware, if it says ‘feeds 4-6′ the calories are for a sixth, rather than 1/4,’ if that makes any sense.

Best of luck.

• posted by GayleP
    on

Thank you so much for the replies! Needed that clarification and info.
    Didn’t see any explanation in the intro pages.

• posted by Rob Bear
    on

Hmm, I was _sure_ this information was in the book somewhere, because I knew it was per serving, and thought I got that in the book, but now that I’m looking for it I can’t find it… so maybe it’s there but very well hidden?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi, if you look in the original book by Dr M, on page 183 (although not numbered, Index for recipes) it says All calorie counts are for one portion. I have searched the BSD recipe book and cannot find that quote but all the recipes are by Dr Schenker in both books, shame she didn’t make it clear. Logic tells you that you cannot have a full meal for 85 calories unless it is lettuce and tomato salad, or just one egg.

Please log in or register to post a reply.