Calorie counting

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gezza
    on

Hi – I know this is a stupid question, but, the recipes state the number of calories. As most of the recipes are for more than one serve is this the number of calories for the whole recipe or are the calories per serving?

Thanks

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I am sure it states somewhere in the book that they are per serving, and also rounded to the nearest 10 so many people track the ingredients themselves. Some quantities are a little vague as well so this is probably a good idea, but it isn’t important to hit 800 calories every day. I was usually over by a little, but you can balance out any over calorie days with a slightly lower calorie day so you are averaging 800 over the week. People have successfully lost weight just following the recipes and servings as suggested.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

page 183 (although not numbered) states All calorie counts are for one portion.

• posted by Gezza
    on

Thank you for the info and getting back to me – must have skimmed those pages – I cooked the veg curry last night and couldn’t even finish one serving.

Gezza

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Easy to miss as it is on the title page for the recipe section headed ‘Recipes and Menu Plans’ with a break down of breakfast, quick & easy, soups, baking and then menu plans, with the small print about rounding up and down of calories and All calorie counts are for one portion.

• posted by Jinty51
    on

My edition of the book doesn’t have the veg curry or anywhere else that I can find. Grateful if anybody can help as it’s a pain counting calories. Can’t find it on website either but will keep looking.

Please log in or register to post a reply.