Calling T1's!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by M1che11e
    on

Are there any other T1’s new to this who would like to join me on my journey? I’ve tried various diets in the past (weight watchers, slimming world etc) but just don’t have much luck with them. I’ve now been following the BSD for 4 days and am thrilled and amazed at the weight loss (4lb already!) and how my bg is steady rather than spiking up and down all day long (and NO hypos, hurray!). I’ve had a shot at HFLC last year but didn’t really feel it was very ‘healthy’, I’m certainly enjoying this approach for a more.

“The fat is melting” is quickly becoming my mantra, especially when I’m hungry!

Michelle
    age 47, T1D for 10 years, omnipod and libre freestyle wearer 🙂

• posted by TumtumP
    on

Hi Michelle
    My OH is Type 1 and I’d like him to do this but didn’t think it would be safe/suitable. Can you share how you are managing? He was diagnosed 30+ years ago so is carb centric- works on the advice given then which was CARBS and more carbs. I’d really like to know how you are doing it, adjusting insulin etc.
    Good luck on your journey xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.