Butternut squash

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fatfighter58
    on

Hello everyone, newbie here.

Hubs and I are starting the BDS on Monday having purchased the recipe book yesterday.

Hubs is type 2 diabetic and I need to lose a stone and a half.

My question is about BNS, is it ok to have this instead of cauliflower rice and courgettie?

I make a mean BNS lasagne and was wondering if I could incorporate it in to the plan.

Thanks for reading!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Put it into a nutrition calculator and see how many calories and carbs it has per 100 g. Also compare it to other carbs like potatoes, I believe sweet potatoes are higher than white potatoes although lots of people think they are okay, they are not. If you are on 800 cals and around 50 to 100 carbs you will have your answer. Personally I only have squashes now and then.

I have just done the check for you and 100 g butternut squash is 12 g of carbs and 45 calories. Compare to cauliflower which has 5g carbs and 25 calories, you can see where you can be saving on both carbs and cals. Also remember it is the type of carbs that are bad for diabetics and should be cut out, all underground so you would think BNS is okay but I would say again only occasionally.

• posted by Fatfighter58
    on

Thanks ever so much for reply. I think BNS lasagne will be a treat in future.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I make my lasagne using slices of roasted aubergine (recipe said raw but I prefer to cook first). My grandson said, that’s not lasagne its moussaka – maybe he is right but I made separate for him using pasta.

Please log in or register to post a reply.